AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on a MArquee that I inherited as a test/parts unit from another reseller. It had an 8000 CPU board, VIM, and HOT board in it. I put in what I believe to be the right boards, and the set went up and running. Minty R and B tubes, I'm changing the green. Late model set toom, June of 1998.

Anyways, the set was working fine for about 1/2 hour, I'm running through the various parameters to make sure everything is working, when the set shut down.

Now when I try to turn the set on, I get the LVPS error light that comes on on the CLM board. I've changed:

1) LVPS. Twice

2) HVPS

3) CLM. Twice

4) VIM

5) HOT

6) Focus board

7 ) Disconnected all CRT output cards.

What am I missing? System chip, the 8 pin on the motherboard?

Curt

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
That can happen if the interlock is open. The turn on signal from the CLM goes through the interlock switch(s). If the CLM sends the signal and the LVPS doesn't come up the diag LED comes on.

If there is a short on one of the rails the LVPS will try to come on but won't. You might see the fans give a little bump.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Curt

What in hell is a "HOT" board? Did you forget something in the oven?

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, horizontal output board.

:)

I should have said HDM.

NOw the damn thing is intermittent. MOst of the time the LVPS light comes on, leave it alone for a sec or three, try again and it fires right up. I'll play with it some more, but I'll chase the open interlock thing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
827 Posts
try to fire it up without a focus board at all, I had bad focus boards that were causing this strange behaviour.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried that as well, and no luck. Tonight I have run the set once it powered on successfully and am leaving it on overnight. All I can think is that MAYBE some moisture got on the back plane and caused havoc with the memory chip? I'll know more tomorrow.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.