AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing 'Blow' I was somewhat disappointed and reminded of 'Goodfellas' to the point where I want to watch the latter again. Except the DVD is crappy and you have to get up to flip it over. Considering that this is one of the best movies in the last 20 years, I am surprised that there isn't a special edition by now. Somebody tell me that I should just have to wait a little longer for the SE, please!

John Moschella

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
I'm with you John. This is one of my favorite movies. Funny thing is that although I enjoyed "Blow", it didn't take long to begin drawing comparisons to GoodFellas and realizing that GF is still a great flick.

Waiting for a better version myself...

Cary

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I read somewhere that Good Fellas may be getting the royal treatment from WB for a DVD re-release sometime next year.

I hope that is indeed correct and not just rumors...

-THTS

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I loved Blow, but I'd definitely like to have a high quality version of GF. It is definitely one of the definitive gangsta flicks, with mounds of rich atmosphere.

·
Registered
181 Posts
thedigitalbits.com posted a few weeks ago the WB HTF transcript and they did report that the special edition is on the way (and yes it will all be on one side).

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally posted by brunsiv
thedigitalbits.com posted a few weeks ago the WB HTF transcript and they did report that the special edition is on the way (and yes it will all be on one side).

very cool

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
In the December Widescreen Review they mention Goodfellas, Mean Streets and Blade Runner will all be out in Special Editions in 2002.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.