AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did conflict resolution start quoting the conflicting show?

I didn't notice this before yesterday. When I scheduled a guaranteed conflicting show, it told me the specific conflict was "Enterprise ch.24 (UPN) Wed 8pm". I have only scheduled conflicting new shows infrequently but I think that every time before yesterday, the Replay just indicated a general conflict like "there is a conflicting show".

It was a nice surprise to KNOW which show conflicted. Are there special conditions required to indicate a specific conflict?

·
Registered
351 Posts
A little off topic, but I have a question regarding conflicting programs. I have a few programs i record manually (RapCity on BET since the program guide is never right for BET for some reason, and other shows which I want to end a minute or two early, which is otherwise not possible). For some reason, I have gotten the conflict notification (only relating to manual recordings), even when there is no conflict. The only way I have found to work around this is to delete the manual recording, schedule the recording I want, then schedule the manual recording again. Needless to say, this is a pain in the @$$. Has anyone else experienced this, or is my software corrupted? If anyone has experienced this, is there an easier workaround? I will try notifying sonic blue about this, but given their lack of support for pre-4000 units, I do not expect a software update.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Did you try making the conflicting recording non-guaranteed? That's how I always solve conflicts. I don't delete one, I just make it non-guaranteed. -mk

·
Registered
351 Posts
thanks mike, I'm not sure why I didn't try that. Next time I have that problem I will try it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.