AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a Panasonic VT25 and I can use an employee discount and get it directly from Panasonic website for $1850 which includes 2 pairs of glasses, Avatar 3D, 3D blu ray player and the 54" TV. I want to jump on it, but don't need the blu ray player and I wanted to get my taxes first.

When 2011 models are announced how much do old models generally get lowered and when does that happen? Or is $1850 the steal of a century?

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dhereicome /forum/post/19637208

I want to get a Panasonic VT25 and I can use an employee discount and get it directly from Panasonic website for $1850 which includes 2 pairs of glasses, Avatar 3D, 3D blu ray player and the 54" TV. I want to jump on it, but don't need the blu ray player and I wanted to get my taxes first.

When 2011 models are announced how much do old models generally get lowered and when does that happen? Or is $1850 the steal of a century?

I am wondering the same thing. I too am planing on getting the Panasonic VT25, Amazon has it listed for $1799. Do you guys thing this is a good deal or do you think there will be another price drop in a month or so when the 2011 sets are announced at CES?

I wouldn't mine waiting another month if the prices usually drop at the begining of the year, but if they don't drop until the 2011 set are release which would be 4-6 months then I think I will just go ahead and pick up the VT25 right now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Same problem different TV. I am looking at the Samsung UN46C8000 for $1900. Samsung is giving away a blu ray player and 3d starter kit (two pairs of glasses). I do need the extra blu ray player and the two pairs of glasses. The free extra items are only till end of December. So the question is jump on it now or wait till after CES and closer to the super bowl?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i bought the 63 8000 plasma from samsung last week for 3000.00 with blu-ray and 3d glasses kit my wife and kids have not stopped using it between 3d and 2d the enjoyment is worth every penney

·
Banned
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz3 /forum/post/19654799

tvs go on sale around super bowl time

so roughly the end of January huh? Ok thanks. Same boat as you other 2 as well...Really good deals right now, I have a PS3 so I'm not super worried about the blu ray player. But I'd like the glasses and if I can get it all now for $1900-$2000 with a blu ray player it might be worth it. Would suck if I wait and cheap prices consist of getting nothing included and the TV costs $2000 on sale since they list for $2500+

hey Clvig how do you like the Samsung? I've never nothing but praise for the Panasonic and haven't had a chance to see a Samsung yet. I love Samsung quality and styling though and would be just as satisfied with them. Did the firmware upgrade fix all 3D issues?

·
Registered
34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pato79 /forum/post/19655304

Same problem different TV. I am looking at the Samsung UN46C8000 for $1900. Samsung is giving away a blu ray player and 3d starter kit (two pairs of glasses). I do need the extra blu ray player and the two pairs of glasses. The free extra items are only till end of December. So the question is jump on it now or wait till after CES and closer to the super bowl?

I'm in a similar predicament...but i think its better to wait until late December...you never know it could get even better then.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think there is also some correlation with CES which is always in the early-mid January time frame. Manufacturers do "PRs" en mass (let's face it, CES is basically a massive PR/marketing campaign!).

It's oddly, very shortly after Christmas shopping, to keep demand high before the subsequent price drops imminent due to new model releases and just before the Superbowl, which we all love to watch on big TVs (plus to brag about to have people come to your party
).

Anyone else agree?

·
Banned
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hceuterpe /forum/post/19667536

I think there is also some correlation with CES which is always in the early-mid January time frame. Manufacturers do "PRs" en mass (let's face it, CES is basically a massive PR/marketing campaign!).

It's oddly, very shortly after Christmas shopping, to keep demand high before the subsequent price drops imminent due to new model releases and just before the Superbowl, which we all love to watch on big TVs (plus to brag about to have people come to your party
).

Anyone else agree?

totally! lol i got my Kuro 151FD last January right before the superbowl and EVERYONE who came over was like "OH MY GOD!" and I was so proud haha. Crystal clear beautiful HD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts