AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whether X-Men or Matrix I would love to see the trailers in HD. Is there a specific time they air these?

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
You know what..... i catch them by chance. Whenever i flip the channel and go back to hdnet between commercials i see a preview. Its by luck. There is a show called Higher Definition on HDNet that does show HD trailers from time to time (unless they are interviewing stars)

·
Registered
305 Posts
It has been pure luck for me or a nice treat while I'm watching a program on HDnet.

I'd say try watching a prime time program, I've seen quite a few good trailers doing those times.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You have to go out of your way not to see a movie trailer. Of course, you never know which one is showing. If a show is 30 minutes in length, wait until the show is almost over and turn to the channel. The last 5 minutes will be commercials, which are usually trailers and HDNET programming.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah, nothing like a show ending and then seeing that big green screen with the MPAA Rating pop up, not knowing what eye-candy trailer is coming.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
That Charlies Angels Full Throttle trailer is incredible looking. I'm sure the movie will be silly but WOW what a visual treat the trailer is in HD!!

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Since the trailers are such an attraction, I think it would be really cool if HDNet could publish a schedule on their website with the showtimes for each movie trailer. Sure, it'd take a little work to keep it updated but they already know when they're going to show each advertisement prior to showing it. Then people tune in to see their favorite trailer, and maybe catch a few minutes of a show and stay tuned.

Am I way off base here or does this sound like a good idea?

-Mike

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
WEll, from their perspective, it's better to keep us guessing a little bit, because it encourages us to tune in. Kinda like if the radiostations told us when "the magic touch tones" were gonna sound for the call in contests. People would only tune in for the contest time. So on the one hand if they told us, it'd be great and all, but on the other hand, they want us watching HDNet, even if it's just trying to catch the trailers.

Maybe "ballpark it" with "During this hour, watch for the trailer for X-Men" or something liek that... Marketing would need to fine tune the concept a bit, btu I think it could be a winner...

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
How about a half-hour show of trailers interspersed with commercials for other HDNet programming? That way we could find them and HDNet could plug it's other shows.

DirecTV used to have a channel of just previews of the PPV movies to that was in Dolby Digital 5.1, but they dumped it because of bandwidth (and a whole channel for that really was a bit of overkill).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sent Mark an email, here's his response:

"we have a show called Higher Definition, the end of the show has a bunch of trailers.. we will look at doing a show on trailers alone...

thanks !

m"

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Stu,

Did you ever get a Marantz VP-12S1 DLP projector? I sure am glad I never sold mine to you. It has worked great and puts out a stunning picture in HD.

Mike

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Hey Mike,

Good to hear that everything worked out for you. I was all set to buy an S2 here this spring, (was going to sell my RPTV to my brother) but now we're building a new house. So, the bad news is that I'm back in projector/HT limbo for at least a year, but the good news is there should be some pretty sweet 1080x1920 options out there when I'm ready to buy.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by James99
Sent Mark an email, here's his response:

"we have a show called Higher Definition, the end of the show has a bunch of trailers.. we will look at doing a show on trailers alone...

thanks !

m"
geez the first response i made to this post was exactly that. geez :D Dont people read anymore. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.