AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the 1019, but holding out just in case a new model features HDMI pass through...I want to be able to watch TV without turning on the receiver. Fingers are crossed that the new models include this feature.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Just hook up the component cables and audio to your display from the cable box. This way you can have it both ways. I see no PQ difference between the two. I have mine set up this way in case I want to have music on while watching a "back ground" picture with friends over. You could always hook up the Cable Box to HDTV with HDMI and use an optical cable from the Cable Box to the AVR for surround sound when needed. There is NO difference in audio quality with HDMI or Optical.

Personally I have never used my HDTV's built in speakers. Why spend $1000s on an audio system to not use it!

To answer your actual question, early summer is usually when they release the entry level models and delay the better ones a few months. I wouldn't hold your breath for that feature. As I pointed out there are a few hookup options you could use.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakermaker /forum/post/18141148

I'm looking at the 1019, but holding out just in case a new model features HDMI pass through...I want to be able to watch TV without turning on the receiver. Fingers are crossed that the new models include this feature.

Pioneer may be getting out of the Home AV biz.

CD

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog /forum/post/18141822

Pioneer may be getting out of the Home AV biz.

CD

Yep. They may not release any new AVRs this year. They want to focus on car audio and re-group. Sorry to say, but it seems to be the case. However, I love my SC-27 and would buy another Pioneer in a heart beat. But, if new models were to come out, it would be Spring or Fall.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just hooked up my VSX-21TXH today and after hooking everything up and making sure it all sounded great, I turned everything off. 2 hours later I turned the tv and directv dvr on and the blue standby light came on on the receiver and I have picture and sound through the tv. If I hit the power button on the remote for the PIO the sound then comes out of the speakers. I went through all the trouble of buying and hooking up component cables and it looks like I don't need them. All of my components (TV, DTV HDDVR, PIO Receiver) are HDMI v1.3, I don't know if that's matters but I do know everything is working better than planned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.