AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving in the next couple of weeks and the new house as a bonus room that the wifey said I could HT out to my hearts content (Within a $10k budget). I have been lurking around the forums for a while and recently started to stir thing up in the Plasma LCD section. Now I am starting to have questions.

Can any one tell me when the the '04 units come out for Samsung? I am seriously leaning towards the Sammy 61" DLP but I would like to wait for the '04 version. It is my hope that Samsung will have worked on the issues that have been talked to death that seem to plague the HLN617W.

I work in the PC side of the display world and we typically announce and show new products at Comdex in November and make them available in Jan - Mar as inventory levels dictate. Is that common for the consumer side as well? I imagine the dates might coincide with something like Cedia or CES or even Infocom.

Finally, if the dates are known does anyone know what changes we might see from one year to the next on the 61" Sammies?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
344 Posts
HLM was last year

HLN models are VERY new - just started appearing in earnest over the summer and are not yet available in large numbers - hard to get the 507 and 567 due to supply - the 3D pictures of these units are not even right yet on the Samsung website

I would not expect the next version until middle to late next year at the very earliest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.