AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this question in the 886 thread as well but I didn't get a response. I understand how to get the temperature to display on the 886's screen but mine is blank. I had it on for a few hours and it still never displayed a temp. The rear of the 886 was very warm to the touch. Not so hot that I couldn't hold my hand on it but hot enough to be uncomfortable. Does the temperature only display if it is above a certain level? I tried out an Onkyo 805 last year and that displayed the temperature even when I first turned it on.

I attached a picture to help explain what I am talking about.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamZX11 /forum/post/16990197

That may only work on the recievers. It was blank on my 885 as well.

Interesting. Maybe Onkyo is only concerned about the recievers temp because they produce a lot more heat. The top of my 886 gets hot above the HMDI ports of course. I am considering adding a fan to help keep it a bit cooler. I only have three inches of clearance above it but it is open on all sides. I was hoping to see how hot it is actually running at to see how much of a difference a fan makes.

Does the 886/885 have built in fans like the receivers do? I assume not if there isn't a temp sensor because what would trigger them to turn on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts