AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn on my PRO 111 sometimes a wierd thing happens.

Its almost as if there is water or some type of liquid bubble that quickly disappears as the tv turns on.

It's when the screen is black it looks like a puddle that is drying up.

Has anyone else ever seen this in their tv?

Would be curious as to what this is and if it tends to happen with plasmas in general, Pioneer tv's or just this set.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
interesting. i have no idea. hopefully somebody can help.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I think thats moisture. this is from the manual on page 131.

Quote:
Physical Location & Temperature Considerations

Condensation may form on the surface or inside of the flat panel TV when the panel is moved from a cold place to a warm place or just after a heater or air conditioner is switched on. If condensation forms, do not turn on the flat panel TV until all moisture evaporates. Powering on the display when there is condensation may cause the panel to malfunction.

It looks like you shouldn't be turning on the TV with that moisture in there. is the area cold where you have the TV?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
how quickly is it disappearing?

·
Registered
110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvd3399 /forum/post/16922856

When I turn on my PRO 111 sometimes a wierd thing happens.

Its almost as if there is water or some type of liquid bubble that quickly disappears as the tv turns on.

It's when the screen is black it looks like a puddle that is drying up.

Has anyone else ever seen this in their tv?

Would be curious as to what this is and if it tends to happen with plasmas in general, Pioneer tv's or just this set.

Thanks in advance.

Mine does it also.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post16125185

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.