Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question here.

I have one of the last DIVX players that was sold at a circuit city after DIVX died. this was about 2 years ago. It is the RCA 5250 i think. It seems like a well built player but it is getting old and has been used damn near everyday for those 2 years. It is now begining to clam up from time to time. It still works and I think that I may pass it on to my parents and get me another. My question is this. My intellect tells me that players of today are the price they are because of the learning curve in technology. I am looking at the panasonic dvd-rv31. Is the software in a dvd from 99-00 radically inferior to that of a 2001 player. putting features aside, is the video and audio processing worth a new player or should I keep the RCA and use it till it dies. If any, what are your opinions on the RV31 panasonic?

My equipment:

yamaha HTR 5240

JBL fronts and centers and sub

Polk audio surrounds

GE 32 inch TV with S-Video

an above average system all in all. :D

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
A DVD player is Over the Hill about 2 hours after you get it out of the box in your home :p

Kind of like that new car you just drove off the lot!

Seriously, it's over the hill when it no longer has the features you require is my real opinion.

Regards,

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a 4 year old Sony 7000. I love this DVD player, it even has the macrovision and mutizone control switches. I don't consider it over the hill. When I get a new plasma display in the next year or two, I'll think of upgrading to a progressive unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.