AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
29,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My New Samsung FP-T6374 is up and running in my tiny 11' X17' room. Primary viewing distance is 7'. Secondary veiwing distance is 10'. My old NEC PX-50XR5A is now down and sold
Pics enclosed, what are your thoughts? She is big !!

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Definitely not too big.

When the entire wall is a screen, that is when it is too big. And just barely then

Nice set-up, that 63" makes me envious.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Show off

Hey Chris, what's the other equipment in one of the photos. I'm guessing a AVR, cable box, blue ray player, vcr?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Based on the title of your thread I was expecting to see nothing but screen. Perfect size for your room, actually you could go a tad bigger!!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I find it really hard to judge the size of flat panels through pictures....depending on the angle, distance of photographer and lack of size reference objects, sometimes 42" looks like 50" which looks like 60".
However with the speakers for reference and the walls on either side...looks like you have the perfect size.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think that it looks great. I cringed a little looking at the door and where it may hit if it is pushed open all the way.

Love the dragon!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks great. I would move the center below the TV, though. Center is such an important speaker for movies and that IMHO is way to high. Other than that, perfect size screen for the room. You will get used to it.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/13008909

My New Samsung FP-T6374 is up and running in my tiny 11' X17' room. Primary viewing distance is 7'. Secondary veiwing distance is 10'. My old NEC PX-50XR5A is now down and sold
Pics enclosed, what are your thoughts? She is big !!

Just curious. Because of your connections you can buy anything you want at a huge discount. Why this plasma?

I have a 5053 and love it, but it's a notch below the Kuro. Before i would replace i would like to see what Samsung's answer is to the Kuro. Makes me wonder why you didn't wait for their next generation.

·
Registered
298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesky /forum/post/13012114

Too big?! Bite your tongue.

It is funny. I don't know if there is too big. The more I see and worry that they will be to big for a room, it never is. I don't know if there is to big, within reason.

Chris have fun!

·
Registered
925 Posts
how studs could you mount that tv on? 2 or 3?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Looks good Chris - I think I also want larger than 60, either that Samsung or 65 Panny. Both seem like great pricing! I want to order something! next month.

Tom

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I agree about the center channel. Definately move it below the panel.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The size looks perfect Chris, but I do agree about the center channel.

You want the voices to be coming from in front of you, not from the sky.

Just my opinion.

·
Vendor
29,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopaul /forum/post/13009430

Show off

Hey Chris, what's the other equipment in one of the photos. I'm guessing a AVR, cable box, blue ray player, vcr?

There is a Cable box on the top left, regular DVD player (Not for long
) on the top right, on the bottom is the Adcom GTP 860II receiver, and the Adcom GFA 7607 Amplifier. Speakers are all Infinty SM speakers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants /forum/post/13012224

Just curious. Because of your connections you can buy anything you want at a huge discount. Why this plasma?

I have a 5053 and love it, but it's a notch below the Kuro. Before i would replace i would like to see what Samsung's answer is to the Kuro. Makes me wonder why you didn't wait for their next generation.

For the price of one Pioneer PDP-6010FD I could have 2 Samsung FP-T6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC3 /forum/post/13012380

how high off the floor? looks like the bottom is about 4 feet up?

Screen is 40" off the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdpw /forum/post/13013805

how studs could you mount that tv on? 2 or 3?

I was able to land 3 studs with the Peerless ST680 http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Products/BrowseProduct.aspx/productID/149313/categoryID/195/u/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip E /forum/post/13015065

I agree about the center channel. Definately move it below the panel.

I hear ya, one day I will get to it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts