AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have decided to buy the Pioneer VSX-1120 over the Onkyo TX-NR708. When is the question? The price dropped for a little while to below $450 but now it is back up to about $500. Is it common for prices to drop after Thanksgiving or make another coupon available? Or, should I just go ahead and pull the trigger? Also this would be the last chance for someone to talk me out of the VSX-1120 and into the NR708. When I buy the Square Trade warrantee these seem to be pretty much the the same price and features. I've been lurking around for the last several weeks reading up on these two receivers and it's a tough call. 99% of the use of my setup is for blu-ray disks and streaming from Netflix.

My equipment:

65" Mits DLP TV

Speaker Craft AIM8 Three 7.1 Surround sound speakers

HSU STF-2 200 watt sub

LG BD-590

room size 17'X15'

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I paid $630 for mine when it first came out ($50 of which was for a Squaretrade warranty), and it was still worth every penny! It may drop to $450 again in the future, but there's no way to tell when.

I'd say go for it now, at $500, and never look back!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Amazon has steadily raised the sale price on the 1120 since the sale began. J&R is about the same. Other on-line dealers have left the price in the $700's. As "palehorse" mentioned, at sub $500 with free shipping, it is a deal, there is absolutely no guarantee it will go below that until the next model change.

If you wait to save 10%, you may lose the deal all together.

authorized on-line dealers: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ternet+Dealers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts