AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the new package (just signed up).

However, ironically, I was watching MNF in standard defenition as I signed up. :mad:

I really want ABC and NBC to go along with CBS-HD. I can't get them OTA and my local cable company is the "on the cutting edge" Adelphia. They say it is coming, but I'll believe that when I see it.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,620 Posts
Quote:
When will Dish step up and get ABC and NBC HD?
They won't, at least any time soon. The CBS deal was a one time shot, for the Sears / Samsung / SEC game deal.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Ken,

This really depends on how things pan out with the new regulations for ownership.

With the potential to own broadcast rights to roughly 90% of the US population it is conceivable that over the next year or two we'll see a consolidation of the affiliate system into a national network.

If that occurs, I could see 1 feed servicing a very large population, effectively removing the local aspect of the broadcast out of the picture.

Perhaps I'm wrong on this, but the dish guys just smiled when I talked to them about the positive implications on this rule change from their perspective.

Regards,

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by John Kotches
Ken,

This really depends on how things pan out with the new regulations for ownership.

With the potential to own broadcast rights to roughly 90% of the US population it is conceivable that over the next year or two we'll see a consolidation of the affiliate system into a national network.
Trust me on this one, it's a remote situation in any event. A lot more than a year or two away, if ever.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jefe noche
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the new package (just signed up).

However, ironically, I was watching MNF in standard defenition as I signed up. :mad:

I really want ABC and NBC to go along with CBS-HD. I can't get them OTA and my local cable company is the "on the cutting edge" Adelphia. They say it is coming, but I'll believe that when I see it.
Don't blame Dish for this in any way! It is totally the networks who have to decide they want to do this and I don't see it happening anytime soon. Dish would quickly jump on adding these network HD channels to really stick it to DirecTV but the networks probably won't do it.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
On a Charlie Chat maybe six months ago Charlie mentioned that Superdish might have HD locals for 2 or 3 US cities. Presumably L.A.and N.Y. plus maybe one MT or CT.

Rick R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.