AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know, HT's been lurking around, asking questions, saving money, losing entertainment time he could be spending watching movies, etc. for some time now.

He gets close to pulling the trigger, then pulls back. Last week, I thought he was finally going to go for it, but then yesterday, he posts on this thread . Apparently he hasn't bought yet.

So I think it would be fun to have a poll. C'mon, HT, prove us all wrong!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
HEEHEEEHEE. Well, I voted, and there's still no entries before the end of June. Basically I got the thumbs down to leasing a projector through the company, so it looks like I'll have to come up with the dough out of pocket. And after all my recent sonic upgrades, the wife is really starting to think I've gone past HT crazy somewhere into just plain crazy.

So at this point it's coming down to an AE-100 from Price Japan, or hanging out for a few more months till "the next big thing" hits the sub-$5K forum and I'm in better position to afford it.

But don't turn on me, at least all my (and your) grief resulted in Brando getting a 711XU at the best price anywhere. And he seems to be enjoying it immensely. So I may have to live voyeuristically through him and all of you for awhile - unless of course, I drop down my credit card at Price Japan in the mean time.

Divorce attorney's can't be all THAT scary... :D

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
You know you could open a small business or get a 2nd part time job with all the time you spend on this forum and daydreaming about projectors. Then you'd have more money to buy one with.

Unless of course you are the first person to understand and accept that avsforum is the best part of being involved in home theater. In that case you seem to have figured out how to enjoy HT without spending the money!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Actually I already have a small business which explains my financial condition these days. I will admit, though, my use of the HT forums has morphed into a recreational pursuit more than hot pursuit...

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
First time I've been an option in a poll without any negative connotations :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Crazy is correct that I got a great deal and am very appreciative. I can't thank Crazy or others on this forum enough for their insight. I am very happy with my decision. Crazy, any time you are in the D.C. area feel free to stop by and enjoy the 711xu.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you like to use time here on the forum. Educate yourself in the CRT field. Cheaper projector and more time online.

Or.

Less time online and more working. Buy a digital.

Yes you will buy a projector. The harder you look the more you want it. The screen shots you see here on the forum are usually much better in real.

Don't go in the trap and buy a RPTV you will not be satisfied in the long run. A real home theater nut can not live without a FPTV.

·
Registered
133 Posts
By the way HTCrazy, I hope you got the PMs I sent thanking you. They don't show up in my message tracker. If you didn't then Thanks again, I hope everything works out. If you hold off, I'm sure we will all be envious when you get the best new thing out there in a few months.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Is there any way we can place bets on this poll :)

We could also turn this into a guinness book of records attempt for HTCrazy: the man who couldn't make up his mind for 5000 days and counting...

He could even get some sponsoring out of that !!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow!!

This was quite successful! I never thought I'd get 24 responses, but looking at them, I'd have to say that once again, it speaks for the collective wisdom of AVS forum. No one says before June 30, even tho HT said in numerous posts he was getting close to pulling the trigger, and he had been approved, and, and, and...

Maybe I should do like they did with JC's thread about Showtime HD. OK, OK, the person who gets closest to the actual date of HT's projector delivery, I'll buy an AVS Forum t-shirt. Start the contest now! I pick August 12, 2002.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Brando - You lucky dog, we expect a full review after you've spent some time with your PJ.

TWilly - Great thread, though I must admit I haven't been the subject of this much ridicule since I woke up naked and hungover in the hallway of the girls dorm during my college years. But that's another story...

The bet's tempting, but at this point I don't think I'd stand a chance...:D

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
6/6/2006

That's when Hell, er I mean, that's when HT is buying a projector

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.