AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a Sanyo PLV60HT and mounting the projector "upside-down" near the ceiling and level in the horizontal plane.

Based on the information in the User's Manual and the size of the screen I will have, using the vertical shift function I can have the projector lens centerline as much as about 4.5" above the top of the actual screen (not screen frame).

Will this cause keystoning of the image, or does keystoning only occur when you mount the projector tilted up or down from a level horizontal plane?

In addition, what is the dimension from the lens centerline to the top of the projector (or the side of the projector towards the floor when the unit is ceiling mounted "upside-down").

I have a 7'-6" ceiling and am trying to figure out how low the projector will hang and also what the impact on the projected image will be!

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
Keystoning will only occur if you angle the projector off of the line perpendicular to the screen. Lens shift alone does not cause keystoning.

As for the dimension, I'm at work now, so this is an estimate from memory, but it is about 4" or so from the top of the projector to the center of the lens.

Cheers,

Jake

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.