AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when TLC and the others will broadcast in 16 x 9? Also, when will AMC, Disney, and ABC Family run anything in HD?

·
Banned
3,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm50 /forum/post/14154070

Does anyone know when TLC and the others will broadcast in 16 x 9? Also, when will AMC, Disney, and ABC Family run anything in HD?

AMC, Disney, and ABC Family all have some content in HD...just not that much. Here is just a very small sample:

AMC: Two Weeks Notice, Terminator 2, Planet of the Apes, The Magnificent Seven, etc...

Disney: My son watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in HD...there are others as well.

ABC Family: Philly, Greek, Kyle XY, The 700 Club, etc...

TLC: Trading Spaces, What Not To Wear, Flip This House, Jon And Kate Plus 8, American Chopper, Miami Ink, Little People, Big World, Date My House, etc...

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Maybe it'll improve, quality as well as quantity-wise, when they oversample/downscale from 4k cameras to 1080i/p and deliver to STBs featuring MPEG-4--if MPEG-2 can't handle the boosted effective resolution. 720p sources, at one-half 1080's spatial resolution, would have to switch to 1080i/p. Oh yes, deliberately screwing up signals between program sources and homes would be heavily fined. -- John

·
Registered
21,214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 /forum/post/14155665

When more people have HDTVs.

That's right. HDTV is just now passing into the mainstream. We are already seeing a growth in the number of HD channels on both cable and satellite and we will see more and more of them as the installed base of HDTVs grows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts