AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sanyo PLV-60 which I intend to keep until I can replace it with a future projector that has the following minimum specs: 1920x1080, contrast ratio of >1000:1, 1500+ lumens, noise level of

·
Registered
90 Posts
I certainly have no inside info, but I'll speculate just because it's fun.

I think LCOS will first out of the gate maybe this time next year with native 1080. I don't think it will be reasonably priced however until both DLP and LCD go native 1080 as well. There will be no reason for the LCOS guys to price them reaonably if they believe they have no competition in the high end. I hope it happens soon, because it will raise the bar for the entire industry, and they all must follow suit quickly.

~Dominic

·
Registered
90 Posts
I looked at my previous post and realized I didn't directly answer the question. To answer it properly, I'd say close to three years until we see that price/feature combo. But I'm always hopeful...

~Dominic

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I'd love to see JVC and Hitachi get into a price war over this market, but I don't think that it will happen until Sanyo gets involved. Sanyo did have an LCOS mockup last year at Infocomm. maybe this year they have a product, although it will still be a while before they have true 1080i.

I'd be happy with a true 16:9 LCOS projector with a 3000 lumens and a 1000:1 contrast ratio. It shoudl include a bulb with an eco-mode for night vs. day viewing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.