AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my prismasonic lens second hand from a guy off ebay. When I look through the front of my lens when my projector is shining though the prisms look really scratched and loads of dust blobs, am guessing this is quite normal tho as the light will make it all look much worse than it is ?

·
Registered
305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieuk147 /forum/post/19541711

I bought my prismasonic lens second hand from a guy off ebay. When I look through the front of my lens when my projector is shining though the prisms look really scratched and loads of dust blobs, am guessing this is quite normal tho as the light will make it all look much worse than it is ?

They all look somewhat as you describe. There are instructions for cleaning the lens. You should be able to download or email them and they should send you a copy of the instruction manual. They take off older models from their website. You won't see the dust on the screen because the picture is not focused at the point the light is passing through. Make sure if you do take them apart and clean them to use a good lens cleaner and a special lens cleaning cloth or you will do more damage than good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts