AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an atlas replacement lamp for my G-10. It has about 800 hours on it and is having a hard time to light from the start. it some times takes two cycles or about 8 strikes from when I press the operate button. Is it time to replace the lamp. I did not do any adjustments with the power board when I got he lamp new. My orginal lamp never exprience this type of problem upt ot 1500 hours before replacement.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Andrew

I just reset my timer to zero after 999 hours on the atlas lamp in my g-15.

The picture still looks great.

Has your installation changed, i.e. has the ventillation diminished, or have you cycled the lamp more frequently?

My original JVC lamp lasted almost exactly 1000 hours when the picture started to look much darker this atlas lamp looks like it could go well beyond 1000 hours.

I've heard it said that orientation of the getter in the bulb affects it's output so maybe bulb life as well.

Rick

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have about 1500 hours on my Atlas Cermax so far, and still going strong. It's a little dimmer, but I have a DaLite High Power screen, so that helps.

Still, if your bulb isn't lighting easily, that's a pretty typical symptom that you need a new bulb, even if there are only 800 hours on it. Tough break :(

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
usually this is from insufficient current. Maybe try to reseat the bulb. Or you can boost the power pot a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.