AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Sammy 56in from Crutchfield.Bought it there because it was on sale and free shipping with no tax.Basically got it for less than I would have paid for a 50incher locally.My question is where can I purchase an Extended warranty as Crutchfield doesnt offer them??...Thanx

·
Registered
266 Posts
Gixx,

I almost bought the 56" from them also when they had their sale a couple weeks back, but resisted because they don't offer a service plan. After talking to a few of their sales reps, I did get someone from Crutchfield to offer up Viking Warranty as a source. (vikingwarranty.com)

I calling Viking, their pricing seemed reasonable, however, they have only been in business for a year. But from what I understand, they are simply a reseller of insurance plans, so no matter what happens to them, you should be covered...supposedly.

Nonetheless, I still felt more comfortable going with a local b&m that price matched Crutchfield (including their no sales tax and free shipping).

Good luck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mmccking
Gixx,

I almost bought the 56" from them also when they had their sale a couple weeks back, but resisted because they don't offer a service plan. After talking to a few of their sales reps, I did get someone from Crutchfield to offer up Viking Warranty as a source. (vikingwarranty.com)

I calling Viking, their pricing seemed reasonable, however, they have only been in business for a year. But from what I understand, they are simply a reseller of insurance plans, so no matter what happens to them, you should be covered...supposedly.

Nonetheless, I still felt more comfortable going with a local b&m that price matched Crutchfield (including their no sales tax and free shipping).

Good luck!
Thanx..I will follow that lead and see where it takes me...Again Thanx 2 all!!:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
You might want to check out 4cost.com, the state that they have GE plan for extended warranty no matter where you purchased item. I do not have any knowldege of the plan or 4cost.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got my Sammy 56 from Tweeter and the extended warranty from TVAuthority... was a real good price on it as well... There is a time limit from when you receive the TV to when you have to register the warranty... forget what it was tho...

·
Registered
316 Posts
where are u located u can get a warrenty from j and r world if youre in the nyc area

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Sammy HLM437W and got an extended warrantech warranty for 4 years (in-home service). Do a web search to find the best price. It is offered through a lot of sites so be ready to be patient to find the currrent best deal.

Hope this helps

Phil

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
... and which of these warranties were best for timeliness and quality of service as well as coverage and lack of hassles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.