AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I want one for BluRay, and I can't find anything but the 60GB, which there are TONS of. Is there a shortage, does Sony just not want to sell the cheaper model? Anyone have any hints for finding the 20GB model in stock?

·
Registered
246 Posts
The only stores I've seen them at are Gamestop and EB Games using itrackr.com

I was told at Best Buy that they weren't ordering any of the 20 gigs after the initial shipment, that they would only sell 60 from now on.

·
Registered
873 Posts
My local Target had a 20gb and a 60gb side by side in the case last week. I purchased my 20gb from Target at the end of November.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I was initially looking for a 20g, but when 19 out of 20 that showed up

on a surprise shipment were 60's I wasn't going to pass up the last one available

... that happened to be a 60.

I just got it Wifi connected to my wireless router on the weekend and I'm downloading all the free stuff I can get my hands on now

(GT HD and Motostorm so far)

The web browser is pretty cool too, since I dont have a PC in the living room.

Now I can browse AVS from my sofa (wireless) on the 50" Plasma
while my G/F is busy using the PC in the den.

OMG!
You have GOT to see the freebie Demo download for Gran Turismo HD!!!

Even if you're not a Gamer, Everybody likes Hot cars ...right?

Get the 60 and fill the hard drive with freebie demos, then load up your favorite jpg's

and you can even rip all your favorite audio CD's to the HDD.

It makes your home entertainment center a hub for a lot of media that you dont have to get up off the couch to access.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrader /forum/post/0

Because I want one for BluRay, and I can't find anything but the 60GB, which there are TONS of. Is there a shortage, does Sony just not want to sell the cheaper model? Anyone have any hints for finding the 20GB model in stock?

In you really want one, my local BB here in Houston has about 5 on the shelf. PM me and I will be happy to give you their number.

GEAUX SAINTS!

WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS?!

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Now that someone has mentioned it, I can't say that I've seen a 20GB at any store that sells Playstation 3's in my area.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just (finally) found a 20gb at Wal-Mart when my wife and I were there to pick up a few other items. She told me to go grab something else and when I came back to find her, she had already bought it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I only found the 60GB versions, so I bought a 60GB one at Target this past Saturday.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.