AVS Forum banner

481 - 500 of 1096 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
We know that the new models coming are Denon X4700H and X6700H + Marantz SR701x / SR801x. For god knows how long they have been available around August - September so the announcement in few week time seems bit early. There won´t be lower tier models this year for D&M. Yamaha should introduce whole new range though, but will we see similar half attempt in first year like it was with 4k 30p 4:4:2 or something like that.

According to a MediaMarkt employee in Munich, the new Yamaha AV receivers will be presented for Germany in June and will be available shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Few things from DE site for the Denon. Most intresting part is Dirac talk for D&M (future) and X6700H is likely to have 13ch processing. Sorry if these have been posted already, but this waiting is frustrating as they supposed to tell us more yesterday but kept silent.

Yesterday there was a live interview with Roland Krüger on the Grobi YouTube Channel.

I got some interesting news out of him. In the coming generation there will be more devices that can handle 13 channel processing with fewer internal power amplifiers. Could be a successor to the Denon AVC6500. The extent to which things like DTS X Pro will come up is of course another matter.

It was also confirmed again that there are already talks with DIRAC. However, everything is still in its early stages.

An even larger model from the 8500 or the 8805 prepress was indirectly teased.

The HDMI board change from the 8500 should be between 500 and 800 € .... WTF ?!

Furthermore, it was confirmed again that the new devices should continue to be available at the end of the year ...

- The 2020 models will each have 1 full HDMI 2.1 output and input, the other inputs and outputs will master all HDMI 2.1 functions except the bandwidth.
- HDMI 2.1 brings almost only advantages for gamers compared to HDMI 2.0, except that the 8k60p can be transmitted for possible future films (which at least I was already aware of)
- The new AVR or AVC are expected to appear before this autumn

·
Registered
316 Posts
The HDMI board change from the 8500 should be between 500 and 800 € .... WTF ?!
Roland even said 500 - 1000 Euro :D
It has been known for some time that the exchange would be expensive.
But it is pretty funny how it went up from like "400 - 500 €" to "500 - 800 €" and now "500 - 1000 €".
I would not be surprised if in the end the upgrade will cost >1000 Euro.

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
But it is pretty funny how it went up from like "400 - 500 €" to "500 - 800 €" and now "500 - 1000 €".
If the cost has changed by up to 100%... :eek:
Now how much confidence do U have about the delivery date.. :rolleyes:

Just my $0.02... ;)

·
Premium Member
88,017 Posts
Important to keep in mind ... IIRC, there was a charge on European models to upgrade the X7200W from HDMI 1.4 to HDMI 2.0a; however, the upgrade in the USA was FREE. So the expected HDMI 2.1 upgrade cost for the Denon X8500H and Marantz AV8805 in the USA is likely to be much less than in Europe (ie. when the upgrade was first announced a year or so ago, the upgrade cost estimate was $200-$300USD).

Another item worth noting is that new Denon/Marantz models have been historically released in the USA about 2-3 months before being released in Europe.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If the cost has changed by up to 100%... :eek:
Now how much confidence do U have about the delivery date.. :rolleyes:

Just my $0.02... ;)
To be fair. The 400 - 500 € price range has been mentioned over one year ago :D
Which is why I have more confidence in the more recent statements.

Important to keep in mind ... IIRC, there was a charge on European models to upgrade the X7200W from HDMI 1.4 to HDMI 2.0a; however, the upgrade in the USA was FREE.
Maybe they were forced to do that because some advertisements where unclear?
It will be interesting to see how it turns out this time.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Few things from DE site for the Denon. Most intresting part is Dirac talk for D&M (future) and X6700H is likely to have 13ch processing. Sorry if these have been posted already, but this waiting is frustrating as they supposed to tell us more yesterday but kept silent.
I wonder if they are changing the lower end devices to use the Analog Devices DSP in the current flagships or moving to a newer TI solution.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hdmi 2.1 avr ?

Do we have a load of upcoming?
With the new consoles coming out I would think a release soon would be more profitable for the hype.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Most of the production of consumer products in Asia has either halted or been shut down entirely.
I don't believe you'll be seeing much of anything in the near future.

Covid is far bigger than a release of a new HDMI spec, so patience is needed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do we have a load of upcoming?
With the new consoles coming out I would think a release soon would be more profitable for the hype.
"Fall 2020" has been said by people (supposedly in the know) since January.
I would hazard a guess that since that hasn't changed the same still applies. Human malware doesn't automatically = shortages (longer release time).

Stuck with a Denon S640H but the next upgrade may not be Denon due to horrid BT responsiveness/latency issues. Also one of the channels sounds slightly off - it was a refurb with 30d warranty (false advertising as B stock). Also likely never ordering from Gibby's Electronics again.
May be looking at Pioneer, Sony or Yamaha.

·
Premium Member
88,017 Posts
"Fall 2020" has been said by people (supposedly in the know) since January.
I would hazard a guess that since that hasn't changed the same still applies. Human malware doesn't automatically = shortages (longer release time).

Stuck with a Denon S640H but the next upgrade may not be Denon due to horrid BT responsiveness/latency issues. Also one of the channels sounds slightly off - it was a refurb with 30d warranty (false advertising as B stock). Also likely never ordering from Gibby's Electronics again.
May be looking at Pioneer, Sony or Yamaha.
Refurb issues are not always resolved by a repair facility especially if they cannot be replicated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
But ...if you put all your 2.1 HDMI in your TV and use the audio optical out of the TV to feed your AVR with the audio do we really still need these big AVR to act as video switch when now the TV can do all the AV routing job ?

With my new 4k TV, im really looking for something that would feed and power my 5.1 speakers with only an optical IN, HDMI source routing will be done by the TV.

I would pay to get better AMP and sound, with bluetooth connection and all the dolby and other sound format decoder but no need to manage video signal.

Any of you know if this kind of amp exist ?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
My stuff is 20' from my tv. No way can I run that many cables. Does optical go 20'? And it is limited to 5.1 right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My stuff is 20' from my tv. No way can I run that many cables. Does optical go 20'? And it is limited to 5.1 right?
I mean, I stream netflix and youtube from the TV itself, 4KHDR movie over Eternet local network direct in TV, all my music would be streamed wireless bluetooth of wired audio jack in the AMP ....

The only HDMI source is my futur blu ray and futur next gen console.

At this point, getting better audio amp like a class G 5.1 amp that dosent manage video would be way smarter than putting money to pay for a 4K 2.1 HDR AV switch.

For optical cable, You should be good.

The ADAT spec puts the limit on optical cable length at five meters (around 16 feet). However, the length you can achieve depends greatly on the cables you are using. Inexpensive optical cables lose signal quite rapidly. But good-quality glass cables can be used for much longer runs.

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Yes, you would need an HDMI to feed 5.1 or 7.2 but still, no need to pay for all that video switching.
You have that backwards. You will pay extra for not having video switching. It's an economy of scale thing. You can try looking for a used 5.1 AVR that doesn't have HDMI. It most likely will still have composite, svideo and/or component video switching.

Also, the people in this thread want more than Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 so they're deciding between an AVR with 48Gbps ports or going through the TV using eARC.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Here we go:

Upgrade to high-powered entertainment with the Denon AVC-X3700H 9.2 channel 8K Ultra HD AV amplifier. Advanced HDMI section (7 in/3 out) with a dedicated 8K input that will support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video pass-through and upscaling. Supports all 3D audio formats, including Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X™, DTS Virtual:X®, and IIMAX. eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports 3D audio formats directly from smart TV apps to the AV amplifier. HEOS Built-in wireless music streaming (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) supports Spotify®, Amazon Music HD, Tidal, Deezer and more. Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri for seamless voice control. Includes remote monitoring support for custom integrators.

Upgrade to the ultimate home theatre with this premium 11.2 channel 8K AV amplifier with 205W per channel that fully supports 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X®, DTS Virtual:X™, DTS:X® Pro, IMAX® Enhanced and Auro-3D®. The AVC-X6700H also supports the latest HDMI specifications such as 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz pass-through and upscaling, VRR, ALLM, Dynamic HDR, HDR10+ and eARC support. HEOS Built-in wireless music streaming (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) supports Spotify®, Amazon Music HD, Tidal, Deezer and more. Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri for seamless voice control.

481 - 500 of 1096 Posts