AVS Forum banner

681 - 700 of 1096 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
This is a thread about HDMI 2.1 AVRs and Denon is the only one to announce them so far so it follows that they will be discussed here.
Yamaha did also announced their, even more than Denon, that haven't really announced nothing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yamaha did also announced their, even more than Denon, that haven't really announced nothing.

Well... Yamaha has not announced any new AVRs either.
Their AVRs have been leaked as well. But we have not had an official annoucement.

And they got a lot of negative feedback regarding the design.
I would not be surprised if they took the opportunity to revise some of the often criticised "features" and thus accepting a delay until 2021.

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
546 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but isn't eARC only for audio and not 8k video?
Yes, plug your 8k (or 4k/120Hz) video source into your tv's HDMI 2.1, then pass the HD audio to your receiver via eARC. That is what people have been doing for the last year, while we wait for receivers with HDMI 2.1.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes, plug your 8k (or 4k/120Hz) video source into your tv's HDMI 2.1, then pass the HD audio to your receiver via eARC. That is what people have been doing for the last year, while we wait for receivers with HDMI 2.1.

will this work with an OLED CX tv? because some people complain that DTSX doesnt work via earc. If this works then i will buy 4500 which is a good deal right now. And another question, 4500 or 3700 which will be at similar price?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
will this work with an OLED CX tv? because some people complain that DTSX doesnt work via earc. If this works then i will buy 4500 which is a good deal right now. And another question, 4500 or 3700 which will be at similar price?

It works with the C9 model as far as I know. The CX indeed does not support DTS:X bitstream via eARC with the current firmware.

Reactions: dfa973

·
Registered
98 Posts
It works with the C9 model as far as I know. The CX indeed does not support DTS:X bitstream via eARC with the current firmware.

with a next gen console will this be a problem? xbox new x series will support dolby atmos, so i will be ok. In a future console what type of audio is necessary required ?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Gotcha, makes sense. I have been passing audio to my receiver, but it hasn't been in a DTS/Dolby configuration. It will be when I purchase a new receiver/finish my theater build.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
The LG CX does not support DTS at all which includes eARC pass through.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you use the console as a Blu-ray player, yes.

if so i will buy a 4k UHD video player, or i will temporarely change the connection and i wont use earc while watching movies in a console (since i dont need ALLM or VRR). Right? what about games?

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
DtsX is needed in movies or in games also? Sorry about all these question but i didnt have a receiver and im trying to understand.
For movies. Unaware of any game with DTS

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
DTS:X for games is supported on both Xbox and Windows 10. I don't think any games use it yet.

PS4 can output DTS but there really isn't any reason to use it if you can do PCM.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The C9 still supports DTS. But no one is allowed to buy those because I will be getting one before they are completely phased out since Samsung can't seem to make a decent gamer friendly TV if their lives depended on it.

I was counting on X Series games to support DTS since Microsoft went out of their way to acknowledge their support for it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
For movies. Unaware of any game with DTS

so in the worst case senario, i will have to buy an external 4k video player. the audio for games, as long are in atmos or 5.1 they will be passthrough via earc. atmos only with x-box xseries right? ps5 will use its own 3d audio format

681 - 700 of 1096 Posts