AVS Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1341 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,241
That’s not the situation where I live. Pretty much everything is available as normal (electronics and all other products) except maybe for some specific brands or models, but that happens even under ”normal circumstances”. Has been like that for quite some time.

The thing that took longest to get back on the shelves was cheap rice, which everyone seemed to stock up on when they thought they would be locked up for months ahead. But even that is back in normal supply now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Where do you live? Pretty much any product can be shipped anywhere so not sure what you mean? In stores where you live?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Where do you live?
Look at Indonesia right now - LG's TV plant there is shut.
The companies that make electronic parts in China have closed their factories... factories the size of small towns! They have closed because they have simply run out of raw materials and consequently money.

Let's face it, the world is economically on fire and just because your region is talking up how well things are going (the same as where I live), it doesn't mean that whole other economies and industries aren't in the toilet.

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
586 Posts
Where do you live? Pretty much any product can be shipped anywhere so not sure what you mean? In stores where you live?
Last week, my father in So.Cal went to a couple appliance stores and was told it would take 6+ weeks to get an over-the-range microwave. That seemed pretty ludicrous to me. I went on Amazon and found I could get a bunch of different models shipped to me (in extremely rural Colorado) in 2-3 days. I changed the shipping to So.Cal and the shipping for all models changed to 2-4 weeks. I heard from someone else that there are no fridges in most of Texas. In the last couple days, I have seen several articles about appliance shortages in other areas.

So, not an issue in my area yet, but might be soon. Maybe it ins't an issue in your area, or maybe you just haven't shopped for an appliance in the last couple weeks. I'd suggest googling the news for "appliance shortages (your state/country)"

Last month, AV dealers were saying that supplies of the new Denons were almost non-existent. It seems that production has ramped up a little bit, but websites keep running out of stock. I have been putting off buying a 6700, waiting for the price to drop, but if supply remains low, that could be longer than I am willing to wait. :cry:

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
586 Posts
I thought we were talking about AVR'S.
Since you don't use the "reply" button, it is hard to tell who or what you are responding to, so we just have to guess what your vague questions are referring to.

Reactions: mbroadus

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was responding to your assertion there wasn't a shortage of AVR'S. what button do you think I'm using??

·
Registered
119 Posts
When did I assert that?

Obviously not the "reply" or "quote" buttons.
Sorry- was responding to Fjodor2000. I'm using Tapatalk and there are only 3 options-quote, like and gift. When I replied to him there weren't any further posts so didn't feel the need to quote him. So that message wasn't to you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
To the guys that’s purchasing both the PS5 and Xbox Series X...how are you going to hook up both since the majority of these receivers have one 8k/ 4K 120hz port?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
To the guys that’s purchasing both the PS5 and Xbox Series X...how are you going to hook up both since the majority of these receivers have one 8k/ 4K 120hz port?
The people who bought a 2020 Denon are going to have to hook up at least one of the two consoles to their TV.

The people who are going to buy a 2020 Yamaha can hook up both to the AVR if they want.

The people who have an older AVR will just hook both up to their TV.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts

Both of the new consoles will work just fine with older 2.0 ports, you just won't get 8k/ 4K 120hz which many games won't support at launch and will probably never be necessary for casual gamers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Both of the new consoles will work just fine with older 2.0 ports, you just won't get 8k/ 4K 120hz which many games won't support at launch and will probably never be necessary for casual gamers.
Well all know 2.0 ports will work and that’s not the point. Call of Duty has been confirmed to run at 4k 120hz on both PS5 and Xbox Series X. The game can have big graphical moments so obviously frames will dip so VRR is important too. The whole point of my post is to get input of peoples hardware and plans. No disrespect but your post is irrelevant. HDMI 2.1 and 4K 120hz is here!!! Buying anything without it is pointless.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The people who have an older AVR will just hook both up to their TV.
That's what I'll do once I get my hands on a Xbox Series X since my current AVR the Denon S740H from 2018 does not have any HDMI 2.1 features including eARC at all. And until I do get at least a eARC capable receiver, I'll just set the Xbox audio to either Dolby Digital or DTS for now.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,256
Sorry- was responding to Fjodor2000.
Read the previous page before my post to see what I was responding to. Someone else opened Pandora's box, bringing Covid and what not into the thread. Now let's move on back to HDMI 2.1 availability on AVRs.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,258
None that I’ve heard of yet. Will be interesting to see what brand grabs the crown and becomes the first one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
So, still no good HDMI 2.1 AVR on the market? Yamaha's new AVRs are not out yet?

·
Registered
88 Posts

I’ll be plugging both into my tv for now (was lucky enough to get pre orders in for both the series x and PS5 (disc)). My AVR doesn’t even support 4k, so...

I definitely plan to upgrade my AVR eventually (tower speakers are next) but supplies have been low and prices high. My tv (Sony x900f) doesn’t have HDMI 2.1 inputs though. But it does 4k 60 which is plenty good enough for me (if given the choice I’d pick higher resolution over higher frame rate anyway). So I don’t know if I’ll bother getting an AVR with HDMI 2.1. It’ll probably depend on price. Not really looking to pay retail price for an AVR.

I was hoping a Denon x3600 would go on sale with the x3700 coming out but that really hasn’t happened. I don’t think we will see anything close to the Black Friday sales of last year, but if we do I’ll probably grab one and worry about HDMI 2.1 after I get a tv that has HDMI 2.1 inputs.

I’m not dead set on the x3(xxx) series from Denon but I definitely want something with a full set of pre outs (or at the very least for the front L/C/R) and something that can handle 4 ohm speakers.

1241 - 1260 of 1341 Posts