AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, the only news was that ridiculously expensive 40lbs monster. Samsung already has a nice projector with good brightness, but it's not HD.

I was sure we were going to see some cheap (at least 720p) LED DLP models. My last bulb blew and I decided to sell it rather than buy another bulb. It's the last time I buy a bulb based projector. I was really hoping for a $1000 720p LED. So far at CES, nothing...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
CEDIA is the show for projectors, not CES, so I suspect we have to wait until the fall.

I also expect that with the economic downturn, CEDIA will not be as interesting as previous years - I suspect some manufacturers will coast on product development to save cash and see what is relevant for 2010.

IMHO,

shinksma

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
With the whitehot rabid demand for 1080p high lumens LED PJs, the PJ companies know they will get plenty of customers even if they charge $10K for these first gen machines.

We po' folks will have to wait 3 to 5 years just to see those $10K PJs get marked down on Woot!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Low cost led dlp light engine DIY kit

The optical module and the main substrate. An image processing LSI is seen in the central area, and on its right is a DMD driver LSI.

The inside of the optical module. It is equipped with the LED light sources (upper side), the DMD as display element (lower right) and the projection lens (lower left). The DMD, which was taken out together with the LEDs, is seen in the center.

·
Registered
639 Posts
There is parts from disassembled Optoma led dlp pico projector (~$400)

This one has low resolution 480x320 0,17" DMD, but you have idea about simplified design for any RGB LED DLP projector.

·
Registered
935 Posts

Quote:
There is parts from disassembled Optoma led dlp pico projector (~$400)

This one has low resolution 480x320 0,17" DMD, but you have idea about simplified design for any RGB LED DLP projector.

Thanks for the info. After taking a better look, the optics seemed to be very low quality and I was wondering where they came from.

Jim

·
Registered
538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Koval /forum/post/17959649

You can try sival's native 720P LED Mini Projector (MP720B1) for only $500, so you do not worry about the bulb, its 3-LED lifetime is 30000hrs or longer!

Very interesting pj, but it's contrast ratio of 200:1 is kind of worrying.......

·
Registered
51 Posts
LG, Samsung and Casio all announced newer LED/Laser based PJs at CES 2010. I'm trying to actually collect other LED based PJs in this thread - /avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1216905

Does anyone have any hands on experience with that sival's unit? Would be good to hear first hand experience on that pj since on paper, it does look quite interesting.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The Home Theater market is going full blast after 3D. One of the requirements of 3D is brightness. LEDs have a brightness problem so there are no announced 3D LED projectors. In fact there are no 1080 projectors as yet. The manufacturers seem to be using 720 or less DLP business projectors as the basis for their first generation of 3D machines.

I'm not completely happy about any of this myself. I am eager to get a 3D machine but last night my bulb blew (again).

·
Registered
303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Koval /forum/post/18116900

Searched some posts on the other forums. Could somebody share the experience on this Sival unit here?

+1 for me.

I would love to hear from someone who has used Sival unit also...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Man the big names are complete silent on HDLED right now.

**** I might just settle for a 720p LED projo and wait for them to sort it out. Now they just need to release a friggen 720p LED projo that is any good.

Oh and 3d ANYTHING... give me break. NOT interested. (sorry)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts