Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2 room setup kit at bestbuy in Los Angeles, CA

last week....

2 drd435rh's included.....

bestbuy guy said they had just come in...

when i activated them, the directv guy commented that he hadn't seen many of those model yet, so they must be really new....

i would bet best buy would get them in before most other places,

since bulk buyers generally get stuf first in retail....

anyway,

435's exist....

(can't speak for the other new models)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I saw the 455 at CC in FL. Pretty cool looking. This one has optical outputs. I believe all sold out now though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The new RCA receivers definitely look different.

RCA DRD455RH

RCA DRD435RH

I tried to post a link directly to the product page of the two receiver, but Circuit City uses session ID's in their URL's so the link takes you to the receiver list page and you will have to click on the receivers for more info.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I can tell the only differences between the RG and RH boxes are the redesigned plastic housings and the illuminated keys on the remote. Feature-wise they appear to be exactly the same.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by soulboy
did the G's have that WINK garbage too?

I wouldn't mind the interactive crap if it didn't slow down normal operation of the box....
Yes, G's also have WINK

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a wink capable RCA box on one TV at home. I actually looked forward to the interactive promises. After a week, I stopped using the interactive weather and othe features.

This box will soon be replaced with a DirecTivo (#2 for the house). I can get the weather quicker on the internet and know how to surf the web for books, music, and other items.

IMHO, the Wink services are too little, too late.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by cowboys2002
I have a wink capable RCA box on one TV at home. I actually looked forward to the interactive promises. After a week, I stopped using the interactive weather and othe features.

This box will soon be replaced with a DirecTivo (#2 for the house). I can get the weather quicker on the internet and know how to surf the web for books, music, and other items.

IMHO, the Wink services are too little, too late.
If the Wink style service is to be successful, D* needs to take it to the next level. Its too restrictive, passive, crappy right now.

I believe Murdoch likes this type of service where he can make a few extra $$$ of additional services so I suspect he might be the one to move Wink forward.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Keep in mind everybody...HDTV is the concentration of new R&D. Don't expect a lot of exploration into a technology that's about to expire. At least in terms of R&D or product improvement timelines.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by restart88
Keep in mind everybody...HDTV is the concentration of new R&D. Don't expect a lot of exploration into a technology that's about to expire. At least in terms of R&D or product improvement timelines.
Agreed. HD is s perfect way for Murdoch to introduce his next generation "WINK" technology. Something where D* can profit from an interactive menu driven tool..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.