AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
14,549 Posts
you'll have to shop around. Went to two Targets and only the second had them in stock.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
They are harder to find than the controller it seems. I finally picked up a 2nd controller the other day, but the adapter is nowhere to be found...

Which is funny since I figured most people would use it once then return it. I know that's what I plan to do...

·
Registered
139 Posts
If it wasn't for the fact that it would be a complete pain in the butt to make sure I would get the adapter back. I would rent the things out. I can't think of a reason why someone would need it for more then a day or two and even at 5 bucks I would make back the money I spent on the reader and then some.

Hmm, maybe I should have bought mine from Wal-Mart or some place with a liberal return policy...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Where are the adaptors that let you copy Copy-protected save files? Ah, who cares.

·
Registered
183 Posts
"Is it true you need an adapter to hook up your ps2 memory card to the ps3? Sorry if this issue has been addressed earlier but I didn't see a definitive answer to the question.

Seems really lousy to have to buy an adapter since you would only use the damn thing once to upload the current data and then would never need it again. Any help on the issue would be appreciated. Thanks."

I asked that question in a different thread but then saw this one. I guess based on what I'm reading here is that you do need to buy an adapter. I echo Talbain's thoughts that it really seems crazy that they make you buys something you will only use once. I can't believe they needed the extra $15 and didn't just make it built into the PS3.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
You DO need the adaptor. IT's only 15 bucks. If your hard drive ever fails in your PS3, you'll wish you hadn't returned it, though. Just be aware, some game saves can not be copied to the PS3 (Timesplitters, etc.). AND you can't copy things back onto the PS2 memory cards. So if you copy everything, progress in a game, finally get fed up with how the PS3 handles PS2 games and want to return... your progress will be lost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked up one at Target, copied my files to the ps3 internal memory cards and then returned the adapter. You can't even tell if it is used or not. The adaptor is wrapped in plastic, but just taped shut. I place it back in the box and I returned it, no questions asked.

·
Registered
139 Posts
@Mattardo

Once you copy the files off the memory card. You can then copy them to a SD, CF, or Memory Stick. You can then copy that to your computer, where you can burn them to CD or put them in some other backup.

I copy every save game that I have from the PS3 hard drive, just in case something gets corrupt or a update erases everything I will have a backup. And with SD cards as cheap as they are now I've dedicated a card to the PS3 just so I can do a regular backup of game saves.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
You did what?? The adapters have a USB plug on end and the other end looks like the connector for the PS2/1 memory cards. Plug your mem card in there so you can copy all the saves to the PS3.

You are sayin that a PS2 with a network adapter plugged into the PS3 network port allowed you to transfer the save from your PS2 to your PS3?? I did not know that was possible,,if it is you just saved a whole lot of people 15 bucks...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal1hundred /forum/post/0

I'm confused as to what these adapters are used for. I just connected my ps2 to my ps3 via a network cable and copied my saved game date directly from the ps2 memory card to the ps3 hard drive.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:

I'm confused as to what these adapters are used for. I just connected my ps2 to my ps3 via a network cable and copied my saved game date directly from the ps2 memory card to the ps3 hard drive.

Wow, that would be great if I had a network port on my PS2.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Quote:

So you're saying that you hooked your ps2 to your ps3 via the ethernet cable and you can read and transfer files from your ps2 to the ps3? Until I see it Im gonna have to doubt it. I've tried connecting my laptop to my ps3 using the ethernet cable and the ps3 doesnt read my laptop HDD as storage media.

Maybe you mean connect the ps3 to the ps2 using a usb cable...in either case I'd want to see some pics of the xmb reading straight from your ps2.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.