AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about this a couple of months ago and someone replied with the name of a store that has them here in Toronto. But for some reason, i can no longer find the post. So one more time, where can i find a NEC LT-150 on display in Toronto? Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't think you will find that projector on the market anymore, the LT150z is the newest version. You might be better off getting the LT240 with better contrast and a brighter image for almost the same price. As to where, thats a tough call. Do a search on the yellow pages and type in audiovisual equipment & supplies, Ontario. Beware, the prices are over the top. You can save $ by ordering from one of this sites sponsor's.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no way i'm ever buying electronics in Canada, i'm not insane :) I just want to audition it here and make sure i don't get headaches or see rainbows. But i'm afraid i probably will, as i have extremely sensitive eyes. I can see the difference between 85 and 100Hz on my monitor, and no one i know can even tell the difference between 60 and 75.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 240 looks good, but i don't know about it. The cheapest price i could find was $2800, and $2400 for the 150. However, i know i can get a used 150 for below $1500 on eBay, but i've never seen a used 240 on sale there, or anywhere else for that matter.

·
Registered
245 Posts
There was a guy who posted a month or so ago that Advanced Presentation Products in Mississaugga will do demos (he looked at the LT-260 and the TW-100 I believe). Sounded like he had terrible light control though for his so I would think difficult to really assess.

Dave

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have also been to Advanced Presentation and I have to agree, not the best place to go and demo a projector. What they will do is send out a rep to your place of business or house with few projectors to demo( talk about a real pressure situation).

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, any places in the Toronto area that *don't* suck? :)

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
The NEC 240 & 260 are regular computer product projectors, and can be purchased by any computer reseller from the big Canadian computer distrubutors, who all happen to be located in Toronto ( both the 240 & 260 are in stock, but don't ask me ). However, even with a tiny dealer markup + taxes, it would still be slightly cheaper to legitimately import one from the USA, pay shipping, duties, taxes. That's the way it is in the Great White North.

As usual, who wants to buy without seeing one first ?!

When I bought my last projector, both Infocus & Proxima had a try-before-you-buy program which let me check out the LP350 and DX3 ( I bought the DX3 ).

It's too bad the PJ manufacturers don't have a travelling road-show or seminars whereby we could checkout their line-ups.

- Andy

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll give Duocom a call tomorrow and see if they've got a demo room. Meanwhile, does anyone know of other places, just in case?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.