AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay yeah I know I have an expensive Pronto color model sitting here but dang it I want the backlit remote!!!!

Sean

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
The manual lists the part number for the remote in the appendix. The newer X1 manual (revised May 2003) shows it as part # 551-0061-xx, but the previous manuals show it as part # 551-0053-xx. Perhaps the older part # is the one with the backlight? Give InFocus a call and see if they can confirm that and sell you the old one.

p.s. The new model at
http://store.infocus.com/escalate/st...61-00&tab=desc

lists for $21, so the old model should be similarly priced.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just picked up the x1 at best buy .The remote is back lit .When you squeeze the button on the side it lights up.They just received the projectors this week.

john lyon

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
john maybe you got old stock. I picked up two of them and neither one had a backlit remote!

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mmsean
john maybe you got old stock. I picked up two of them and neither one had a backlit remote!

He must have because my X1 was made shipped to Best Buy from Infocus very recently and it does not have a backlit remote.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also received a backlit remote with my X1 purchased through Dell. The wierd think is that I also received a european 2 prong plug (rounded prongs) in my box. The original shipping label on the outside of the box indicated that the box was shipped from Belgium. Perhaps my projector was made for the european market. Fortunately, it also included the US standard 3 prong grounded plug as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.