AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to replace the standard doorbell in my HT with one that flashes when the doorbell button is pushed.

I cannot hear the regular doorbell during a movie, but would notice a flashing light in an instant..

Many thanks for all replies!

-- Cain

·
Registered
900 Posts
RadioShack-Baby!!!

I use to hook up a flashing light to the telephone when I did not want to answer it or when the music was very loud....in my younger days.

Larry Kosova

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thannks Larry..

Exactly what should I look for there?? I'm not sure what I need..

Thanks!!

-- Cain

·
Registered
900 Posts
I did this along time ago but if you run wire from your doorbell into your room and connect a small lightbilb or source.....but with the age of wireless I am sure you can do this with a wireless doorbell.

Larry

·
Registered
511 Posts
It depends on how much DIY you want to do...

You could use an X-10 Powerflash module wired into your doorbell circuit. This could trigger an X-10 module (e.g. a light or remote buzzer) in your HT.

If you want a ready-made solution, check www.ameriphone.com -- they are the leaders in products to assist people with hearing impairment. Their Alertmaster product line addresses the need that you described -- also can be triggered by phone ringing, baby crying, etc. There is a directory of dealers on their web site.

Regards

BB

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Also, Go to Mark rejhon's site:

http://www.marky.com/hometheater/

He is hearing impaired and has some links for where to find that kind of stuff....telephone, doorbell, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.