AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my a ABIT NV7m Moterboard for my MicroATX Yeong Yong(sp?) case. The specs says that it supports SPDIF out but it didn't come with a SPDIF connector. I see the pins on the motherboard so all I need is the connector. Where can I buy one? And can I get a Optical or RCA digital out connector? I did a search on SPDIF Connector on Google and saw that AOPEN has such a connector shown with both optical and RCA connectors on one bracket but I don't know if that is something special.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I was in the same situation. I found an electrical diagram on here for an Asus part, rearranged the wires on a jumper block off the the motherboard and had a friend solder the two resistors and a capacitor all together. Then I put an RCA jack on the end and drilled a hole in a PCI slot cover to mount it.

I've heard you can call up Asus and request one of the SPDIF modules but I tried once and they were out of stock. These would work well, you would just need to rearrange the order of the wires going into the pins on the motherboard.

·
Registered
578 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.