Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Where can I purchase an T.V. antenna tower?The 12 foot of 1 1/2 mast atop my roof is swinging like crazy with the wind this weekend causing channel drop off.I do not wan't to use guide wire's to support my antenna mast.I am looking for the smaller tower hardware about 30ft high.My father is a Ham radio operator and has an aluminium tower that is light but are hard to find.I am looking for the smaller triangle tower.

Thank's ,Steve

·
Registered
732 Posts
What you are looking for is Rohn Towers. My distributor has them available. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I wondered the same thing on my way back from Northwest Missouri yesterday where almost everyone had a antenna with a 30-40 foot tower. They can't bee too expensive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was looking for a tower also. Our town has cable so I went around to some older neighborhood's looking at towers with bad antennas. three I asked about, one said he was going to use it, one said he would think about it, and one said I could have it if I would take it down.

I was waiting for a calm day and some help and went to a salvage yard for some fence pipe. There I found 5 sections of tower, about 49 feet. I got it for .50$ a foot, $24

Had to paint it and make a base plate but got it up and looks and works great.

Thats just two areas you might give a try.

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are different types of residential TV antenna towers...bracketed and self-supporting. There is a tutorial that explains the advantages and disadvantages of each type if you do a search for "TV Antenna Towers" on Yahoo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.