AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need one of these. Does anyone know where I can buy one? I'm lazy and would rather just buy one than make one! ;)

Componet RGB to VGA

I need an adapter to change the three RGB cables (Y Pb Pr) to VGA so I can plug my monitor into them. I want the monitor connected this way because the projector will be using the DVI.

Also, where is the best place to buy a long DVI and RGB (y Pb Pr) cables?

Thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I needed that exact cable for my setup. I found a website called avcountry.com. I talked to Jim, who was able to custom order a female db-15 to component cable for me. I believe 50', cost $80.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dennisgg

I used cablewholesale.com before and was quite pleased with the price, quality and overall ordering and shipping experience. I have these cables on my Panasonic PT-L300u.

Dennis:D
Dennis,

Just curious, what are you connecting to the L300 that use this cable? Thanks.

Ben

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmicGrooves
I need an adapter to change the three RGB cables (Y Pb Pr) to VGA so I can plug my monitor into them. I want the monitor connected this way because the projector will be using the DVI.
Are you sure your monitor will work with component inputs?

These cables are for use with projectors that are designed to accept component (Y/Pb/Pr) input through the VGA port. AFAIK, most VGA monitors are not designed this way... they expect an RGBHV signal at the VGA port. So just having a cable that makes it all connect will not necessarily make it all work!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello;

If you want a Transcoder check out Audio Authority's 9A60 (I think that's the #)unit. Key Digital makes one too but it more expensive than the AA one.

Regards,

Richard

·
Registered
26 Posts
This converter will convert VGA to Component. It wouldn't work the way you want it to I don't think, but I just ordered one and should be getting it tomorrow, so I can check for you.

Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for these replies!

I was not sure if a simple adapter would work or not. So is seems that I will need the transcoder!

I look forward to SpySnake checking this out. Let us know how it works for you!

I'm going to check out the "The Audio Authority 9A62 is athe RGB to VGA Transcoder". I hope it works like I'm wanting!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fish Tank
RayH is right - that is the transceiver you need (the 09A62, not the 60) IF you want to go componenet to vga. I have one - and it works fine for me. However, you are confusing me. What do you mean by monitor? What monitor are you hooking it up to and why? Are you running a monitor for viewing dvds as well? Is it for calibration? Will you be running the monitor same time as projector?
OOPS! Hit quote instead hahahahah, but read this message for corrected text.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
RayH is right - that is the transceiver you need (the 09A62, not the 60) IF you want to go componenet to vga. I have one - and it works fine for me. However, you are confusing me. What do you mean by monitor? What monitor are you hooking it up to and why? Are you running a monitor for viewing dvds as well? Is it for calibration? Will you be running the monitor same time as projector?
I want to have a monitor available to use the HTPC without having to use the digital projector.

That is why I want both the projector and monitor connected. I don't want to have to use the projector to check my email.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ohh yeah, and I contacted ATI about that adapter I posted above, and they said it would not work. But, I'm not sure if the guy that emailed me knows anything or not.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.