AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
That link requires you register and then login, however after doing so, I get this:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I wanted to retrieve a 120 GB WD 120BB hard drive from a UTV with a dead tuner (since replaced with a DirecTIVO). Tried the unlock utility mhd3.exe, which seemed to work fine and went through the unlock process with no problems. The drive is jumpered as slave and is connected to the Secondary controller in the slave position, after a DVD player.

Although the drive is recognized correctly during bootup and in the Control Panel --> System --> Hardware Devices --> Hard Drives area, it won't show in Disk Mangement console (W2K pro) so that I can initialize and format it. It should come up as Drive 1, since the OS drive C:\\ is Drive 0 and a Serial ATA drive is Drive 2. The list of drives just jumps from Drive 0 to Drive 2, and then the CD-ROM

Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.