AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to find a nice Samsung or Sony 19 LCD HDTV, but the problem is they're all 720p. I want 1080p because it's better. Where can I find one? Can you provide a link with your response, if you can? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraffle /forum/post/15366758

I’m looking to find a nice Samsung or Sony 19” LCD HDTV, but the problem is they’re all 720p. I want 1080p because it’s better. Where can I find one? Can you provide a link with your response, if you can? Thanks.

Nobody makes one that small for the simple reason that you'd have to sit within a couple feet of it to see the difference between 720p and 1080p. 1080p is only available in screens above 27". The payoff just isn't there for smaller screens.

·
Registered
302 Posts
just buy a computer monitor and then purchase a tv tuner....problem solved

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh wow. Then I refuse to buy one then. I can’t get anything larger as this TV is just for my small bedroom. This is crazy. I want 1080p, nothing low. I want the best picture possible.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraffle /forum/post/15366758

I’m looking to find a nice Samsung or Sony 19” LCD HDTV, but the problem is they’re all 720p. I want 1080p because it’s better. Where can I find one?

The only small screens I've seen with that high of a resolution are laptop screens (like the 17" 1920x1200 screen on my laptop).

If you really need something that small, you might want to look into a laptop with a TV tuner card.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm88 /forum/post/15366932

The only small screens I've seen with that high of a resolution are laptop screens (like the 17" 1920x1200 screen on my laptop).

If you really need something that small, you might want to look into a laptop with a TV tuner card.

Laptop??!! I want a TV.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
But the description SAYS 1080p. They wouldn't lie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm88 /forum/post/15367283

It matters if you're 2 feet away from it.It's not 1080p.

Yes, but the OP just wants it cause its better.

...but seriously though, you probably won't see 1080p sets that small until next year maybe - possibly spring

·
Registered
476 Posts
the Vizio 22" is 1680x1050 its basically a low quality 6-bit TN computer panel with a TV tuner

I stand corrected it appears Vizio has the first native 1080 22" panel on the market, still appears to be a 6-bit going by the viewing angles though. I'm interested to find out who is supplying them with that panel.

·
Registered
321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevToTheRedline /forum/post/15368144

the Vizio 22" is 1680x1050 its basically a low quality 6-bit TN computer panel with a TV tuner

I stand corrected it appears Vizio has the first native 1080 22" panel on the market, still appears to be a 6-bit going by the viewing angles though. I'm interested to find out who is supplying them with that panel.

VO22LF

I just got one of these for my den (tv\\monitor). Works great. 1080p via HDMI, playing Xbox 360 is nice. No noticeable issues. 1900x1600 resolution is nice (coming from a 17" 4:3 LCD). Lots of motion blur on sporting events via OTA HD. Don't know if it's the content related. Haven't tried watching HD content from DirecTv or Blu-ray. $298 from Sam's Club

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Laptop?! Monitor?! What is this? Apparently we have people here who don't understand English. I want a 19" 1080p LCD TV

·
Registered
331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraffle /forum/post/15368462

Laptop?! Monitor?! What is this? Apparently we have people here who don't understand English. I want a 19" 1080p LCD TV

Unfortunately there isn't one, Right now Vizio is the first company to offer 1080p on a 22" size.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevToTheRedline /forum/post/15368144

Yeah, previously a lot of cheaper 22" and 19" LCD TVs on the market were fit with PC monitor panels like you describe -- with lower quality.

Quote:

It could be LG Display (Korea). Vizio/Amtran has a long-standing relationship with LG Display to supply TV panels. It's kind of funny because Amtran is actually Taiwanese and you would expect them to buy from Taiwan. But no, they buy from LG Display and even set up a joint venture in China for assembly. Although you can certainly argue that Vizio's panels have a decent standard of quality because LG Display make good TV panels.

That said, it is conceivable that the panel is not from LG Display but from Taiwan (AUO, CMO etc).

·
Registered
34 Posts
is this guy serious???

It is neglible the difference between 720 and 1080 on a tv screen that is like 37 inches let laone 19.

I bet you wouldnt notice the difference between 480p and 1080p on that size screen.

Just get a 19 inch 720p tv.

I really can't give you any advice at all. There is nothing avaliable for your needs and if there was it would be over priced and uneccasary.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdfella99 /forum/post/15369949

is this guy serious???

It is neglible the difference between 720 and 1080 on a tv screen that is like 37 inches let laone 19.

I bet you wouldnt notice the difference between 480p and 1080p on that size screen.

Just get a 19 inch 720p tv.

I really can't give you any advice at all. There is nothing avaliable for your needs and if there was it would be over priced and uneccasary.

Are you serious? Don't post if you're just going to start something. I don't care what you think. I want 1080p because the higher the resolution, the better. Enjoy your pathetic 720p TV. I want 1080p.

BTW- Either you have problems spelling or you are too lazy to proofread.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts