AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 50" Samsung DLP this past July. I understand that earlier models of this set did not support discrete codes for video source selection. How can I find out if my model has discrete codes for this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by PeterSteele
I unfortunately have one of the HLM models, not HLM. Where can I find the codes for this model?
Let's do that again:

I unfortunately have one of the HLM models, not HLN. Where can I find the codes for this model

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Unfortunately, the HLMs are listed by Samsung as archived models so I doubt they have ability to be firmware upgraded to receive discrete codes. All the current sets have the HLN designation.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called home to get my model number and misheard HLM for HLN. In fact, I *do* have the HLN507 model (I just called again). I figured I had to be wrong since I bought the TV in July, and it has the Faroudja chip, DNIe, etc. So, what does this mean? Would I still have to get this board upgrade that's been discussed in order to discrete command codes for input selection? What other features does this board offer besides these new discrete codes? I hear it costs $300 plus installation; that's a lot for just new discrete codes.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Your set may be new enough that you don't need the upgrade. There's a firmware version cutoff number to determine it. You can read more about the upgrade here , or just do a search on the "Rear Projection" forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.