AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have been searching for hours and they dont seem to exist. I want all black wall plates for my front wall. For some reason I really like these plates better than the keystone insert ones however, I am not able to find them in black. Anybody have better luck than me?

https://www.techtoolsupply.com/index...OD&ProdID=3666

I want to be able to pair them with these.
http://www.techtoolsupply.com/index....ROD&ProdID=519

I can find an endless supply in white, but my front wall is black and my outlets are black and I think the white in these would be tacky, therefore, I ask brain trust of AVS to point me to black hex decora plates...The have to exist somewhere, it is just a matter of finding them. Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdahlberg /forum/post/15515109

I would just grab some black spray paint and be done with it

That's what I did, since I couldn't find a source for black ones. I used Rustoleum's black plastic spray paint and they turned out nice.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that might be my only option. thanks guys. You would think someone would have thought of making these in black but apparently not...anybody want to go into the black audio wall plate business?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I found some black faceplates at Home Depot, modular kind, where a variety of plug types fit the same square hole. Not sure that'll work for you.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakovits /forum/post/15516693

that might be my only option. thanks guys. You would think someone would have thought of making these in black but apparently not...anybody want to go into the black audio wall plate business?

Parts Express used to sell those hex hole plates in black, but I haven't seen them on their website in a couple of years. You might send them an email to see if they still have any in stock. I guess there just isn't a demand for them.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i've never had a problem using spray paint on stuff like that, half my theater is spray painted flat black. i have noticed that flat black can vary a great deal when it comes to shade and reflectivity. flat black outlets/smoke detector/knobs/return grill/etc.

·
Registered
380 Posts
We recently discussed black wall plates and using black spray paint (or in my case vinyl dye) in this thread .

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLeerUK /forum/post/15623320

We recently discussed black wall plates and using black spray paint (or in my case vinyl dye) in this thread .

Right, that's the thread I ran into but couldn't find today for some reason so I posted my (recent) results in here instead. I posted the same in the thread you've linked to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts