AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in best buy yesterday here in Alabama and they had about 20plus 60gig PS3's. I know 100dollars isn't a big deal. However, I do most of my gaming on the 360 and would mainly be using the PS3 for Blu Ray viewing. Also, I really like the look of the 20 gig model better than the 60 gig model. I asked the guys where was the 20 gigs and they looked at me and said we got a bunch of PS3's for sale dude. I said I see that but thats not what I asked DUDE! Anyway, just wondering where you guys have been spotting the 20 gig model. Thanks

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Look at different stores. Eventually you should see one somewhere. Or, you could wait and see about getting one online as supplies are replenished and certain retailers (cough CompUSA cough) stop forcing bundles.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/0

Go to EBGames or Gamestop and ask for a "Core" model.

If you can find a 20 Gig model at Gamestop I'd be pretty surprised. I've talked to several manager friends and none of them have seen a 20 gig model since launch. I went looking today and found none. I wound up taking a 60 gig model home today that I am updating now.

·
Registered
810 Posts
when ps3 was just out, they made a lot more 20 gb models than 60gb... however people preffered 60gb models so they changed the production.

both are good deal - $100 extra isnt bad at all for what you get, I got 20 GB simply because it was more readily available...

·
Registered
19,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chap /forum/post/0

If you can find a 20 Gig model at Gamestop I'd be pretty surprised. I've talked to several manager friends and none of them have seen a 20 gig model since launch. I went looking today and found none. I wound up taking a 60 gig model home today that I am updating now.

That's where I got mine. Had no problems. Walked in, walked out.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskyz /forum/post/0

Ive been lookin for a 20 for 2 weeks now. I have a 60, but want a 20 for my gaming room. And the 60 will be the HT BluRay box. Im getting tired of moving the 60 around...LOL..Im lazy

I'm using my PS3 primarily as a Blu-Ray player...

is there any reason I need the 60 over the 20 for that?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTBrandy /forum/post/0

Not unless they start a movie download service like MS did.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
No. Im more of gamer than a movie buff (my wife is the movie person) I have the 60 As the HT bluray player because my HT doesnt have access to my LAN (yet) And I'll still play games on the HT big screen online via wi-fi

Quote:

·
Registered
29 Posts
the difference is only $100 and you get card reader, bigger HD and wireless network. I think the additional $100 is not bad. unless you want to wait and wait until you manage to find a 20G PS3.

if I were you, I would buy the 60G model.

and remember, even if you are using the as Blu-Ray player, I am very sure that you will buy games one day or another, so the 60G model is not bad at all.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
In my case the extra 100 bucks can be spent elsewhere. I have a 9 in1 USB card reader(a few more than the ps3) The PS3 will be sitting on my desk less than 5 feet from my router so wi-fi isnt needed. I can use the extra 100 bucks and get me a larger HD and fill it up with music and and downloads. I might not do that until down the road though or with that (only) 100 bucks.. I can get me a game and extra controller. I think the 60 has a better overall value than the 20..but I just dont need other 60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelx /forum/post/0

the difference is only $100 and you get card reader, bigger HD and wireless network. I think the additional $100 is not bad. unless you want to wait and wait until you manage to find a 20G PS3.

if I were you, I would buy the 60G model.

and remember, even if you are using the as Blu-Ray player, I am very sure that you will buy games one day or another, so the 60G model is not bad at all.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

Quote:

The only thing would be that you'll need to install updates from time to time (which can affect BD and DVD playback). It's much easier to do this over a network, so if connecting to a network (at least temporarily) is a problem in your residence, you might want the wireless connectivity. If that's not a problem for you, the 20GB would be just fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
in this case, good look finding 20G model. I am sure you will be able to find it somehow ;-)

by the way, check this site: http://www.findaps3.com/ . I really don't know how reliable they are.

Quote:
In my case the extra 100 bucks can be spent elsewhere. I have a 9 in1 USB card reader(a few more than the ps3) The PS3 will be sitting on my desk less than 5 feet from my router so wi-fi isnt needed. I can use the extra 100 bucks and get me a larger HD and fill it up with music and and downloads. I might not do that until down the road though or with that (only) 100 bucks.. I can get me a game and extra controller. I think the 60 has a better overall value than the 20..but I just dont need other 60.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.