AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First.... hello...don't think I have posted here before. I've been looking at pj's for quite a few years now, but for some reason or other never bought one (currently have a Sony 51" rear projection).

Ok...so I'm waiting for prices to drop for the 1080p beamers. In the meantime, I was thinking of getting an older model (Z3, Pani 700, Hitachi 100...) while I'm waiting. I've seen some pretty good deals on ebay (50 bucks without bulb, 200 with bulb... and so on...), but the problem is, winning an auction at ebay is like playing the lottery (and I never win the lottery
). And most buyers are watching the bidding like hawks. As soon as a minute is left before the auction closes, they all start bidding like mad. No chance of getting one of those unless you are willing to spend every waking minute in front of the computer

Anyone here selling an older model? Or know of someone who is?

Cheers, Indy

PS: I like the Epson 6100...maybe next year, I can get one for around a $1000????

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah I was a bit worried about RBE too. FYI, most people won't notice it. My wife and I have never had a problem with it. With my VP4001 I never see RBE unless I shake my head side to side. Don't ask me how I know....

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Check your local Craig's list every day.. I just got a Mitsubishi HC3000 for $175. Was missing the remote and bulb had almost 3000 hours on it. In the end, after New OEM bulb and remote total cost $500 and man is it SWEET! Can't wait to burn it in and get it calibrated!

Happy hunting!

BTW .. have had 3 DLPs working my way up to this one and have never seen a rainbow..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts