AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some that are plastic, but they look pretty cheesy.

I would like some that are black painted wood, with glass.

And because I am cheap, I would like to pay virtually nothing for it.

Well, as little as I have to.

Thanks,

Paul:)

·
Registered
535 Posts
I had the most luck at local craft stores that sell the pre-made ones. Here on the East Coast we have AC Moore and Michaels - these stores run 50% off sales fairly regularly, so you can get a nice frame w/ glass in the $20 range.

the limitation you will find wrt the internet for frames is shipping cost -- sending a big frame with glass will blow any savings out of the water.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply schlitzie.

The problem is, I have only seen 24 x 36 poster frames at all of the craft stores. I am looking for a frame that will hold a standard one-sheet.

Michaels, that is... I don't have the AC craft store in my area.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I got a couple at Ikea...and pretty inexpensive. Cost me $40 canadian each. I am planning to get a couple more. They had ones with a dark blue frame (looks black almost) and ones with a flat metal finish. Movie posters fit perfect...no cutting.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Check out this place on the web, American Frame.Com and choose from an assortment of frames even metals at below low prices. I got 12 fames

different profiles, for a litle under 100 bucks. Go to lowes or home depot and have them cut some plexi-glass for your cover and any local frame shop will sel you mounting board. I got 15 pieces cut to size at my Local Garden Ridge home deco. store. Need any further info you know where to find me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Check out this place Americanframe.com they have what you need at below low prices. Go to lowes or home depot and have them cut you some plexi-glass for the cover and any local frame shop will sell you mounting board or make it yourself from cardboard boxes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was doing a lot of checking into different framing options and found this awesome place www.frameusa.com. They have inexpensive movie poster sized frames starting at ~$12. They also have nicer frames in metal and wood. Here is an link to of one of their wood frames 27x41 for only $23.95.

http://www.frameusa.com/corporat.htm

scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find that they have 27x39, 27x40 and 27x41. Very unusual to have all of the good movie poster sizes. I just bought a dozen on their lower priced units for ~$15/each I am waiting to receive them. I'll post how they arrive, they are due any day now. I just bought all of the movie posters that I want for my basement down to the theater and finding frames was a problem until I found this place. There is a minimum $100 order or if between $50-100 there is a $10 service fee. I think that the larger items may have plexiglas instead of glass due to the fact that glass weighs so much and is likely to break in shipping??

I hope this helps.

--Traci (girlgeek)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by girlgeek
I was doing a lot of checking into different framing options and found this awesome place www.frameusa.com. They have inexpensive movie poster sized frames starting at ~$12. They also have nicer frames in metal and wood. Here is an link to of one of their wood frames 27x41 for only $23.95.
This is where I bought my frames. I couldn't find anyone with a better deal if you buy the minimum. Nice doing business with them. I have bought from them a couple times.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Ive taken posters to the local frame shop. They did it up nicely with wood and non-reflective glass. I like the local places because the workmanship is usually good and you can inspect before you pay.

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.