AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me begin by saying I am an idiot and I don't need anyone to remind me of this.

I was messing around with my GWII screen this weekend and I accidentally scratched the lenticular screen (the grey screen that the image is projected on to). Not a big scratch, not very noticeable, but still something I would be willing to spend some money to fix.

Does anyone know of a source for replacement? I did some searching and found that Stewart and Da-Lite make some screens, but the Stewarts are way too expensive (more than $1,500) and the Da-Lite site doesn't have much in the way of specifications listed, so I need to call them. Sony only sells the entire screen block assembly, which is about $900. All I want is the lenticular sheet, shouldn't be more than a couple of hundred bucks I hope.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Are you sure Sony only sells the whole block? I messed up the anti-reflective screen on my 65xbr2 and I was able to get that by itself for $300 from Sony.

The 65xbr2 comes with three screens, but I don't know if the GWII is the same...I've never actually seen one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called Sony parts and service and they are the ones who say that they currently don't sell just the lenticular screen. Maybe the information I received was incorrect.

I suspect though that it was in fact good information and they don't sell the screen by itself since you have to be a complete idiot to damage that screen. It is well protected and it takes a lot of effort to take enough of the TV apart so you can access that surface. I got to messing around with it because I wanted to put a dot on it to cover up a lit pixel. In the process, I scratched it.

The GWII does also have 3 screens: a fresnel screen, a lenticular screen, and the outer contrast screen.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mfusick
Why in the world would you be messing around inside the GWII?
Well, he just said that, didn't he?!

-Rob-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.