AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Mitch,

THat's one of the better places available to pick them up. Most car fuses have gone over to the blade style, and they are harder to find in auto parts stores.

Alternatively an electrical supply house, or a hardware store are viable options.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
partsexpress.com

I don't see what the deal with RS is. Is a RS fuse going to collapse the soundstage?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kendrid
partsexpress.com

I don't see what the deal with RS is. Is a RS fuse going to collapse the soundstage?
Now THAT'S funny, Kendrid!:D

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Quote:
I should have explained... been to Radio Shack, nothing even close.
. That's strange... I just picked up a pack of 10A 250V and 20A 250V fuses yesterday from Radio Shack. Look for an electronics store... they should carry these parts.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
After looking at it further I have a 1 1/4" fuse... not 20mmx5mm. It doesn't look like RS sells anything over 5A in the smaller size (and they are out of the 1 1/4" 10A fuse!).

I looked at McMaster-Carr's website . they don't have a 20mmx5mm fuse for 10A/250V. Are you sure about the size (that it's not 1 1/4")? It's been my experience that if McMaster-Carr doesn't carry it then it doesn't exist...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everybody!!! I found a local store that had them (A.C. Radio Supply, Inc.). They were indeed made by littlefuse. I should be back in business tonight!

Thanks again, Mitch

Btw... the amp is an Anthem MCA5. It was very difficult to get to the fuses but Anthem's tech guy gave me very good directions including the size torx driver I needed and the fuse sizes. Had to remove Toroidal transformers and the heatsinks with attached circuit boards. Very bad design... Anthem, very good tech guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.