AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for my first FP and I saw a post on how used CRTs are selling for pennies on the dollar. Everyone says that CRT is THE way to go. I get "rainbows" from DLP and LCD just looks blurry to me. So here is my question... Where can I get used projectors cheap from people who are reliable and sell good quality? I live in S. Alabama so maybe I can save on shipping if there's someone close. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Joe

That's for the one's that have worn tubes. The good ones with good tubes go for 10 cents on the dollar, or anywhere from $1,000.00 to $10,000.00.

Good luck

Deron

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Expect to pay about the same amount as you would for a good regular big screen tv. This would get you an average front projector capable of all HDTV standards and just about any practical computer resolution at a befuddling size. Many of the regular forum members sell reliable projectors, there are some dealers here too whose prices are a little higher but they come with pretty good service and support. Put an ad in the classifieds. It only costs $8. and gives you access for months.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I purchased my 2000 hr. NEC 6pg+ through Hammerhead Technologies for $1100 including shipping. I was very happy with their service and the projector. From what I understand, Curt Palme is another reliable source.

I see this is your 1st post. Welcome.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
"Terry Ferentinos" is in Atlanta, so you may be able to drive over and pick it up. He has a nice stock in now, I believe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Joe I PM'd you not sure if you got it. I have a Marquee 8000 that is in very good shape, internals still look new. I have yet to fire it up but the tubes and all ciruit boards look like they did the day it came out of the factory. I can take pictures of it for you if you like, or even better if you are not to far from Atlanta you can come take a look. I live about 30 miles west of Atlanta. I have a friend with a screen we could set it up there and fire it up. I am not sure if the marquee 8000 has a hour counter on it but I could find out. Anyway let me know

·
Registered
24 Posts
Joe,

Curt Palme puts out a used projector list every two weeks. PM him with your e-mail and I'm sure he'll add you to his list. He usually has something on Ebay for sale as well. That's where I got my Ampro 3300.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jburton
I purchased my 2000 hr. NEC 6pg+ through Hammerhead Technologies for $1100 including shipping. I was very happy with their service and the projector. From what I understand, Curt Palme is another reliable source.

I see this is your 1st post. Welcome.
I second Hammerhead Technologies. Darrell Pierro is a great guy to deal with and if you have any problems with a projector that you buy from him, he will take care of you. :D

www.hammerheadtech.com

·
Registered
110 Posts
Eric at Project Systems, Inc. ( www.crtcinema.com ) was excellent. I went to his place of business and spent the good part of a morning there. Class place, class guy who really stands behind his customers.

Kris

·
Registered
68 Posts
I go tmy barco 808 from Curt and havent had any problems with it. The man is a pleasure to do business with and if problems do come up he will take care of them if asked. My video imput card went out like 4 months after I got the unit, called Curt and he sent new boards out QUICKLY!!! So you can see that service after the sale is there with Curt.

Good luck with whoever you choose to get your CRT from

Mikes

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Here's someone you might get in touch with...Bob Wood, he's got several Ampro 4300's, these are 9" liquid coupled units that should put out a picture as good as the best 8" units, and he'll sell them for alot less!

I was just over at his place last weekend checking out one that he's about to ship off, we spent all of an hour on it and had a looking fairly good. It was easy to see the quality of picture these units can put out...and at the price he's asking, they're a steal!

Another big plus, he lives in NW Florida, so your talking a couple hour drive...no shipping!

I believe he is using one or two of them for spare parts, so if something happens in a reasonable amount of time, you may be covered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.