AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen several posts of members who report submitting a "preorder" for the HD-TIVO for use with DirecTv. Where can I find such a site?

·
Registered
331 Posts
A few additional data points:

Value Electronics offers a preorder discount equal to the deposit you put down, up to $100. Most people are putting down a $100 deposit for a net price of $900 plus shipping. VE has an excellent reputation, and I had no qualms about placing my order with them. They will be packing and shipping out 300+ HD-DVR250s within 24 hours of their first delivery from Hughes.

Good Guys requires a 50% up-front deposit. Since their 10%-off sale expired earlier this week, there is no discount for preordering through GG. No guarantees on how quickly the product will get through their distribution system, or when preordered units will arrive at the store for pickup.

Note also that the goodguys.com site is a separate operating company from the brick-n-mortar stores, and does *not* accept preorders. They're both part of the same corporate group, but are otherwise separate entities.

-T.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
> Not as painful??? This wait is excruciating!!!

Well, tell that to your wife and let us know her reaction. :p

Hong.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
"They're both part of the same corporate group...."

Even that isn't true. Good Guys owns part of goodguys.com, unless the sale has gone through.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Has anyone pre ordered from value elect yet....

When i go into preorder for $100, it still shows the full $899 price.

Did you get charged $100 or the full price on your credit card???

·
Banned
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by plasmamaniac
You need to go look at the thread that's been going on about HD Directivo on the TivO Community website.
The Hughes HD-DVR250 comes with the following HD cables:

1 Component video

1 HDMI to HDMI

1 HDMI to DVI

Of course, you can use any of the 3 analog outputs, e.g.; 1 "S" and 2 RCA Yellow/Red/White.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
Of course, you can use any of the 3 analog outputs, e.g.; 1 "S" and 2 RCA Yellow/Red/White.
Robert, the flyer from CES only shows one set of RCA analog outputs (next to the component outs) - is the flyer wrong?

Not that it matters to me - besides, I'm already in your first pre-order batch!

Jeff

·
Registered
195 Posts
Will the HD tivo use the same tivo remotes that the SD version does? I'm running my SD directivo to 3 rooms and use 2 tivo remotes and a universal. Will I be able to contol the HD tivo with the same remote or will I have to wait until extra HD tivo remotes become available?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.