AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an extra one so I can move my ps3 to a differnt room.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Radio Shack. I'm pretty sure its a standard power chord like for PC power supplies.

·
Banned
2,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk /forum/post/15501056

Radio Shack. I'm pretty sure its a standard power chord like for PC power supplies.

Yes it is. If you have an old PC laying around you can just use that cord.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Also the same cord as CRT computer monitors! Everyone has about ten of those cords laying around. Home Depot sells them in different lengths if you are really desperate...

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeters11 /forum/post/15502841

This should do it, there are other lengths if 3 foot isn't enough.

S&H is more than the cable, but still less than what most stores probably charge.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Thanks

I'm going to order some other cables, so it will make the shipping worth it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Make sure the cable is 18AWG x 3C. The original ps3 cable has an svt jacket but if its used for indoor use most jackets will work fine (SJT, SJTO, SVT, etc). If you get a real long length cable consider stepping up to 16 AWG or 14AWG. Also make sure the cable has a Nema 5-15P plug and an IEC C13 connector.

Sorry for adding all the information i work for a company where one of our products we produce is power cords.

The one from monoprice works fine. I could promote one of my companies power cords but that is just wrong to promote on this site lol.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon /forum/post/15503312

Make sure the cable is 18AWG x 3C. The original ps3 cable has an svt jacket but if its used for indoor use most jackets will work fine (SJT, SJTO, SVT, etc). If you get a real long length cable consider stepping up to 16 AWG or 14AWG. Also make sure the cable has a Nema 5-15P plug and an IEC C13 connector.

Sorry for adding all the information i work for a company where one of our products we produce is power cords.

The one from monoprice works fine. I could promote one of my companies power cords but that is just wrong to promote on this site lol.

I only need a 3' or 6' cable length, but thanks for the info I will look at the specs more closely.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
it's just a standard IEC "jug" cord, anyone will do, you can get them from any hardware or electrical store. The power draw from a kettle is far more than that of PS3 anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts