AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
you can get the bulbs for 425 to 460 $. These bulbs are the 6000 hour bulbs that fit the davis 450 and 650 units and their clones. They are easy to replace by the user. I bought my bulb from bulbdirect. Do a search to find other suppliers. The part # for the 6000 hr bulb is 2940420.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Guys,

About the 6000 hour lamp, I would be careful as no one has yet confirmed the model numbers for the different bulbs. I know of two forum members (Jim T. and one other) who claim to have the 6000 hour bulb and have posted their model number, but it is the same number that is on my stock 2000 hour bulb and a recently purchased 2000 hour spare bulb.

How is it that the 2000 hour bulb and the 6000 hour bulb have the same model number? Can anyone speak to this issue, it's very disconcerting. I can only assume that people are either being mislead that they have the 6000 hour bulb or that the viewsonic refurbs every one bought last year actually came with a 6000 hour bulb.

I guess this is the real question: Do the 2000, 4000, and 6000 hour bulbs have the exact same model number stamped on them?

This is starting to remind me of the tootsie-pop commercial, "The world may never know".

NickB

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Both The Bridgewater Group and Chatani (who strangely enough the bulb was shipped direct from) confirmed it as a 6000 hour bulb..

I would think that they know correctly and given the confirmation I could pull the VISA payment should it turn out to be false (after 2000 hours)...

------------------
New email [email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

[This message has been edited by Phat Phreddy (edited 08-28-2001).]

·
Registered
644 Posts
Strange, I contacted Chatani about purchasing a new bulb about 4 months ago and when asked about the different hour bulbs the tech couldn't tell me one way or another.

I would really look into this if I were you, I would ask Chatani for all three model numbers (2000,4000,6000) and maybe even contact Philips or whomever makes the bulb.

NickB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.