AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been receiving Los Angeles PBS station KCET on Digital Channel 59 for several years. I have the RCA DTC-100.

In the last couple of weeks the signal seems to have weakened to an unusable level (down in the 20's.) I get all the other LA area digital broadcasts with no problems and there has been no change to their signal strengths.

Has anyone else had a problem with just this one channel.

Oh...and I am aware that they broadcast only in the evening.

Regards,

Lee

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Ch59 is one of the stronger stations here in Torrance. I still can't get K-cal or KCOP, with the RS75 antenna I bought.

·
Registered
780 Posts
No problems with KCET just west of you in Sherman Oaks. Check your antenna, the recent winds may have misaligned it slightly.

Tony

·
Registered
60 Posts
I keep losing it out in the Oxnard area at the beach, but I'm nearly 60 miles from the transmitter as the crow flies and have to occasionally re-scan to get it to lock (using DTC 100 and long range amplified yagi). KCET transmits at lower power than KCBS, KABC or KNBC, so that's apparently part of the problem.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update...

Well I ventured up on the rooftop last evening to see if the antenna had moved any. It hadn't. In fact I needed a wrench just to loosen it enough to give it a slight turn.

The good news is that that's all it took to raise the signal strength up to between 50 and 60.

I have no idea why the signal would take such a dramatic drop when I'm sure the antenna didn't move a bit.

Oh well...

Regards,

Lee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.