AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Hi, Art!

E-Cost. While others have reported mixed results with them, I've received fast, efficient service from them on four orders in the last six weeks. The deck is perfect - I've seen no dropouts so far! It's also a recent production model, with no firmware changes needed.

Cheers!

MarkF

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
E-Cost: Service was fine. Annoying the way they claim free shipping, but then add on a service charge.

·
Registered
221 Posts
j&r. I dont know why, but somehow I just did not like it there. I was at the city hall store, its quite huge and almost intimidating, but thats not why I din't like them, I guess it was subjective prices? I think I am spoiled by the usual honesty of american businesses (except banks and car dealers) that haggling for a price kind of soured it for me.

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
J&R is a HUGE local shop here in NYC. jandr.com. And ahmed is right - they love to haggle, which puts some people off. But they have good prices and are authorized for what they carry (to the best of my knowledge) and have a fair return policy as well.

TM

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Vanns is nice, they also hae a good extended warranty program. They were selling some decks on Ebay but the pricing has shot up over $1200.00 on the last couple units I saw.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I got my JVC from Vanns on Ebay. They were great to deal with. Also, I have had no drop outs on the Dtheater tape in over an hour and a half playing. I paid 1078 + shipping.

==========Dave

·
Registered
739 Posts
I was waiting for delivery (after Vanns hit my CC and gave me a UPS tracker) and then received a call that when they went to ship it, they noticed the carton was damaged, opened it up and the unit was toast. They said they expected more in a bout 7 days. I said I would leave the order open if they would pick up the next day air delviery charges. No soap!

Needless to say I cancelled the order and ordered from Ecost and got it slightly cheaper and next day air. (tommorrow). Ecost is now on my list.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.