AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
buy one of the cheap 43" 720p TV's and don't worry about the black bars you burn into the sides...??

i'm really at a loss for why you'd want this. I mean you can still display 4:3 content on a 16:9 screen.

for classic gaming, this screams LCD to me actually. I mean the old stuff was pretty high contrast, not like there's a lot of subtle shadow detail in frogger or contra, etc.

or hit up craigslist for old CRT's, I tried to give mine away before going through the hassles of disposing them.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorath  /t/1470640/where-do-i-find-a-40-inch-4-3-plasma#post_23261190

Odd question i know! I really need a few of them for classic gaming!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

You'll never find one. The last 4:3 Plasmas i remember being made were way back around 2002 or 2003 and were industrial monitors briefly made by Hitachi and by Zenith, and even back then they were hard to find as they were quickly discontinued. I was actually shopping for one because at the time i wanted to get a flat panel TV but i had no need for a widescreen TV, but i ended up not buying one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts