AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely, if ever see any raw drivers or full enclosures for diy subs in the classifieds here.

So I was wondering where you guys, who build multiple projects, take your used stuff when upgraditis hits?

Or do you guys keep 'extras' and old projects in storage and not sell?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Doesn't seem to be a big market for completed DIY projects. I've been advertising mine locally for quite a while now, I don't want to ship the little beast, but no takers. I guess part of the concept that draw people to diy is the satisfaction of doing it yourself which can't be gotten from buying it completed or people looking through normal channels are looking at the more well known known brand names in subs.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have more than once thrown away perfectly made sub boxes... and drivers too.... especially here in Quebec.. this field is narrow...

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I am stacking them in a large closet...with two dozen commercial subs.Just in case I feel bass deprived and hit a nervous breakdown!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-A-G-L-E-S /forum/post/14249669

I'm suprised that at least drivers don't get sold more often here.

Likely because you never know what is under the "hood".

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1047165

And you guys have seen MY box build too, right?

Also, shipping costs for a DIY box would cost huge $$$.

And all the drivers you could possibly want are found on eBay.

With that said, I for one would appreciate a DIY classifieds forum. Not just for sub boxes, but for DIY anything. DIY only. If nothing else, it would probably give us something extra to talk about.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
There isn't much here, but I have seen some elsewhere though, here, a lot of them seem to come up in threads but never posted in classifieds. Also, many people are wary of buying used subs, you don't know what their history is. I have several that look and sound new, but I wouldn't sell off because I am giving or selling them to friends and family.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I think people hang onto their DIY stuff, or move it to the bedroom and make something better when the bug bites...

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
I have a little museum- really need to get rid of some stuff. I have enclosures with their intended drivers, empty enclousures, lone drivers, amps cables. I see a good deal on something and have to find it a home.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
armytstud....I hear ya, but if you know they are in good condition why not sell them to friends and family or even other avs members?

There are many guys with enough reputation that they could be bought from with confidence, I think.

fleabay does have some stuff obviously, but not too many of the top ten popular diy HT sub drivers.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
I typically give/sell the to friends/family, I am too attached, I don't want to let them go to a stranger, I want to go over to their house and hear them again.

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armystud0911 /forum/post/14251986

I typically give/sell the to friends/family, I am too attached, I don't want to let them go to a stranger, I want to go over to their house and hear them again.

LOL I thought it was just me. I literally have a complete 5.1 ensemble at a friends house as well as a line array set up cause I don't have room for everything.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by armystud0911 /forum/post/14251986

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've got a bonus room that has a primary function of holding audio equipment that is not currently in use. Bit by bit I'm selling it all off to fund new projects but certain pieces I'll never sell like my NAD 3020 and my McCormack gear (though I do occasionally look at the McCormack's and think of the CE4000 I could have instead).

I sell most of the drivers I'm not using but for some reason certain amps/pre-amps are hard to let go. I try to unload some of my drivers on different forums. Once I start listing them in more than a couple places it gets hard to keep track of the inquiries.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts